Chapter 49

Monday came around and Taehyung was busy wasting his time by standing around his locker, just waiting for the first bell to ring when he spots Jin making his way towards him.

Taehyung feels a little bad for not checking up on the older and how he got home during the weekend when he was too drunk to remember much.

Jin was taking an awful long time to reach Taehyung and the taller couldn't help but notice that the older was...limping?

'What the hell is going on?' He wonders to himself, right when Jin manages to get to Taehyung's side.

"H-hi Tae-Taehyung!" Jin smiles up at the other, completely ignoring the elephant in the room...why was he limping?

"Yeah, hey." the lavender haired male mumbles, eyeing up the brunette with caution.

Jin frowns, noticing that Taehyung was strongly gazing at him, making the smaller uncomfortable.

"W-w-what?" He questions, beginning to fidget. His stomach churns, especially when Taehyung asks, "why're you limping?"

The older's orbs enlarge as his breathing catches in his throat. His face immediately decreases to a very pale colour, like everything has drained from his body.

"W-w-w-what a-are y-y-you t-talking ab-b-bout?!" He splutters out, refusing to give the younger any form of eye contact.

"Jin, you can't ignore it. What's wrong with your body? Come on, let me check you over." He suggests, grabbing ahold of Jin's upper arm as he attempts to yank Jin in the direction of a nearby bathroom.

That idea brought not only fear but shame as he frantically pulls away from Taehyung. "I-I-I ha-have t-t-t-to g-g-get t-to cl-cl-class!!" And with that, Jin awkwardly runs away from Taehyung.

The younger's brows furrow, watching on as his friend disappears out of sight.

'What the hell just happened?' He wonders just as the school bell rings for class.

~*~

Taehyung hadn't seen much of Jin today after earlier's events. Hell, he hadn't come in contact with anyone he actually knew yet, making him ponder over if anyone even came to school today or not.

Though, his thoughts were about to change when he walks round the corner of the corridor, coming straight into contact with Jimin, Yoongi and Hoseok.

Both boys' eyes widen when they're pupils meet, causing them both to freeze on the spot.

Taehyung could feel his cheeks flush, something he hadn't experienced in such a long time.

He was the one who made other's blush, not the other way around.

It was enough to embarrass the boy as he didn't want anyone to notice.

So when Jimin goes to take a step towards him, Taehyung instantly spins round and speed-walks off.

"What the hell was that?" Yoongi questions aloud, a tad happy that Taehyung actually scattered away from his crush. Though obviously, he hides it by looking uninterested.

Jimin proceeds to stare on where Taehyung once stood with a confused expression. "I don't know?"

~*~

Jin stabs at his fries in a mixture of sadness and boredom.

He had been avoiding Taehyung for most of the day and was feeling awfully guilty for it.

The brunette finally obtained a friend and now he was going to throw it all away over a silly question.

But he couldn't let Taehyung know, he couldn't let anyone know.

He groans aloud, dropping his fork back onto the table as he shields his head. He was lost as to what to do next, 'do I just play it off? Do I tell him the truth?'

A sudden thud of a tray colliding with the cold surface of the table Jin was currently sitting at, made the older flinch as he whisks his head up to meet eyes with none other than...