Chapter 56

"Why are you still here?!" Taehyung was snapped back to present time when he hears his ex-lover's cross tone.

He stares back at Jungkook, noticing that the older had somehow managed to form a glare despite previously being emotionless to anything.

The lavender haired male shrugs, "why are you so moody?"

Taehyung was clearly trying to provoke the smaller, easily wanting a rise, something to feed on.

"Why do you have to go out and fuck everything in plain sight?!" Jungkook's tone grew, he couldn't help himself since Taehyung was openly annoying him now.

"Touchy," Taehyung mocks but Jungkook wasn't laughing nor glaring. Instead, he wore a serious expression, making Taehyung's own face drop a little.

"Look Taehyung, any other day, I would happily play alone with your childish attempts to get me back...but not today."

"Why?"

Jungkook couldn't believe himself when he utters aloud the truth to his enemy. He didn't mean to but Taehyung always had this sort of aura around him that brought out the truthful, more emotional side to Jungkook.

"It's my mom."

This caused the younger to freeze up, his orbs expanding drastically when hearing that word.

"W-w-what?" He had to be sure he didn't mishear, knowing how bad this is if it truly is who the younger thinks Jungkook is talking about.

Jungkook faces away, suddenly feeling humiliated from telling Taehyung somewhat, the truth.

Surprisingly, it was Taehyung who was the one that hid most of his past and family background away from Jungkook.

Which as, the older weirdly enough was very open about his life towards Taehyung.

He didn't know why he was like this but the taller definitely knew a fair few things about Jungkook's mom.

"She contacted my dad, asking to see me again." The black headed teen couldn't help but confess about earlier's events, hating himself for finding it so easy and comfortable to talk to Taehyung about family situations such as this.

The taller was surprised. Not only because Jungkook was being cooperative but the fact that his mother was trying to be in contact with the male again.

She left the boy when he was only 12 years old, abandoning him to run off with a younger man.

At first, Jungkook was enraged and distressed by the whole ordeal, constantly picking fights at school and drinking his life away.

And then he turned into the boy he is to this very day. He began sleeping around, partying, hurting others because he didn't have anyone around to tell him otherwise.

His father was always too busy working and his mother left so no one was there to stop him.

Then obviously Taehyung came into the picture and for the first time ever, made all the negative things in Jungkook's life stop.

Though of course it was only temporary as their whole relationship was built on lies.

But Jungkook had to admit, Taehyung did save him, even if it was just for a short time from all the chaos in his life.

"So what are you gonna do about it?" Taehyung finds himself questioning the older, attempting to peer round at his face.

However, Jungkook seems to snap at that. He soon came to realise that he was letting Taehyung back in. It was like the younger was winning this quarrel they have between them and Jungkook would not dare let that happen.

He wouldn't bow to this boy nor allow himself to form any attachment to him again.

It was almost like he was...afraid?

Instead of answering Taehyung, Jungkook simply stalks away without another sound being uttered from his lips.

Once alone, Taehyung glances down at the ground, a mockery smirk displays itself on his face before he turns his attention to the stars above.

"I hate that you can still hurt me..." he whispers into the cold night air.