Chapter 73

Taehyung was filled with boredom as he lounges around in his bedroom, playing some game on his phone while he waits for Jin to arrive.

The young male was still enraged by the whole issue of this holiday and the fact he'll have to spend more quality time with Jungkook. 'From ex-boyfriend to step brother, that's an odd leap.' Taehyung thought with discomfort.

He couldn't get over how quick everything had been moving of late. He goes from trying to break Jungkook's heart by using Jimin to now, suddenly harbour somewhere along the lines of feelings for the blonde headed boy.

And yet, he still hadn't fulfilled his goal, he still hadn't made Jungkook feel the inflicted pain, humiliation, heartbreak that he caused him.

Taehyung knew that if he was going to do any form of damage, then he'll have to use this vacation to complete his plans.

An unexpected knock came from his closed door, causing Taehyung to flicker his gaze towards the dark shade of wood.

"Come in," his booming voice of authority echoes the large room as a feeble looking maid enters. She seemed nervous, almost shaking with fear when being in the presence of the young master.

Taehyung raises a brow, expecting for her to name her reason for interrupting him, though she seemed to be struggling to even give him a glance. 'Guess she's new,' he thought, deciding to put her out of her misery.

"What is it?" He spoke in a more gentler tone, sitting upright to give her his full attention.

The young maid bows, "I'm sorry to disturb your time sir...but there's a boy at the door for you." She confesses, making Taehyung smile.

"Good! That'll be Jin, please send him in." He mumbles aloud while getting to his feet. "Wait, sir!" The girl loudly hollers, placing her hands out to halt the other from his actions.

He gave the girl a mixture look of shock and slight annoyance. "What is it?" He grumbles, beginning to lose his nice side again.

"Forgive me, sir..." The maid bows apologetically before raising her head again, "but the boy...he's hurt."

~*~

Jin was in the midst of lingering around the main doorway, holding his aching side with great pain spreading across his expression.

He attempted to somehow clean himself up before reaching the mansion but of course, he didn't really have anything to help him do so and the pain was only getting worse now.

A few of the staff wander past, giving the boy curious stares as to why he was there, bending over in a twisted looking shape.

The brunette ignores everything around him, to engrossed with his currently injuries to take much notice in anything else.

Especially, when Taehyung comes barging down the staircase, running to his friend's side.

"What happened!?!" He snaps, though he didn't mean to come across as angry, it was just his odd way of showing concern.

He could easily see that Jin was in a lot of pain as he turns to one of the many maids that had walked by. "Please get some of the staff to bring this boy to my room. Get him changed and rested in my bed." He immediately orders, causing the maid to scurry off to find some male staff to help lift Jin.

The older grips onto Taehyung's sleeve, weakly trying to straighten his body while croaking out, "n-n-no! I-I'm f-f-f-fine!!"

"Like hell you are!!" Taehyung fires back, enraged that his friend wouldn't allow him to help out.

Jin just coughs quietly to himself, his lids almost shut over now from lack of energy.

He had dealt with far worse before, yet his body seemed to never get used to the abuse.

If anything, each time his father beat him, his fragile frame would only get more and more physically decayed.

The poor brunette didn't know how much longer he could take it, both mentally and physically.

No longer able to put up much of a resisting fight, Jin powerlessly stumbles into Taehyung, causing the younger to catch him slightly.

Taehyung was a little taken back when he feels how light and skinny Jin was. How his wrists were so slim, almost too easy to break in half if the purple haired boy crushed hard enough with his own hand.

He wondered why Jin had showed up to his house in such a state.

Soon enough, some staff arrive to the scene and take the now sleeping male off of Taehyung.

While watching his friend be carried away, Taehyung couldn't help but think over the past few weeks since he's known Jin.

And it's only then that he realises that he doesn't really know much about the older.

He didn't know his family background, his goals in life, what he likes and dislikes.

The younger had been so self-absorbed, he didn't pay an ounce of attention towards his friend's life.

Though for some reason while Taehyung was busy thinking why Jin would show up so worn out and in pain, a memory came to play...

'Could this possibly be in connections with Jin's limping from before?'