Chapter 76

Taehyung perched upwards as he sat upon the armchair that was situated beside his bed.

His gaze would repeatedly shift from the hardback book that was equipped in his hands, to the sleeping male that was currently in a deep slumber, paralysed to the world around him.

The purple headed teen could easily spy the visible plasters and bandages wrapped across the older's face and arms as he lay to rest.

Jin seemed to be in a hibernating state, though with the expression of suffering and distress smeared across the brunette's face, Taehyung could see that the poor older was no doubt having some form of a nightmare.

Taehyung weighted out his opinions over whether he should wake the smaller up or not.

However, he could see just how much Jin needed this time to rest, especially after the condition he showed up in to the younger's home.

Once the maids and such cleaned the boy up and put him in bed, the brunette almost immediately passed out.

Taehyung's eyes remain trained on Jin's frail body as he closes over his book and places it onto the small table beside his bed.

He decided he would just study the older's calm breathing for a while till he awakes so that he can finally ask Jin what the hell is going on.

The lavender haired youngster knew he promised Jin not to meddle in his business but the fact he showed up to his home looking in such bad conditions, Taehyung knew he couldn't let this go.

Shifting his leg to lay over the other, Taehyung shuffles in his seat as he gets more comfortable.

A deep exhale parts the younger, while he argues over whether he should completely cancel going tomorrow.

He knew it would be almost impossible to do so but with how Jin appeared at his front door all bloody in the mouth and covered with large bruises, he knew the older needed more care.

Taehyung's mother would definitely not allow him to stay home and nurse his friend but he could tell already that Jin wouldn't like anyone seeing these cuts or discoloured hues littered across his skin.

'I guess we'll have to hide most of it and make up some kinda lie.'

Another muffled whine falters from Jin's plumped lips as he rocks around on the bed, small beads of sweat forming across his forehead which then wets his floppy fringe.

He was waking, slowly but surely from his ongoing actions. Taehyung knew he would just wait till the other would gradually regain consciousness and only then would he spring the bothersome question that had been swirling around in his mind.

'Only time will tell,' thought Taehyung anxiously.

~*~

Jimin stares up at the familiar home before letting out a rugged sigh. He already felt crappy over basically being declined by Taehyung to hang out.

Though, that wasn't the main reason behind his awkward and slightly sunken demeanour. What really had Jimin in a strange mood was the fact he hadn't spoke with Jungkook since their last argument.

But he knew they had to talk things out, especially since the older was joining Jungkook's family to the ski lodges tomorrow.

With a deep inhale, he presses the doorbell, waiting for one of the house maids to answer his call.

No sooner had he been standing there did the large front door open, revealing one of the maids. She took in the Jimin's appearance and immediately recognises him.

"Come in, come in." She reiterates, informing the boy to enter through the large, towering door.

Jimin steps foot inside, his wandering gaze searching the well familiar entrance.

Everything looked the exact same since the last time he had came to the Jeon residence. Though, that had been some time ago now.

The maid allows the teen to make his way in the direction of Jungkook's room, knowing fully well who he is and that the young master was expecting a visitor.

Waltzing up the flight of never ending stairs, Jimin eventually finds himself outside of his best friend's bedroom.

Pursing his lips, he seemed hesitant to rattle the door with his fist. He hadn't quite figured what Jungkook wanted to speak about but knew, no doubt, that it had something to do with a certain lavender haired boy.

Jimin bites down on the tip of his tongue, chapping his fist on the wood to notify the other of his presence.

"You can come in!" The voice behind the closed door announces, giving Jimin the affirmation to invade his private quarters.

The blondie shuffles inside, closing over the door as he takes in the slouched over Jungkook that sat in one of the armchairs at the side of the room.

He was watches the dancing flames twirl into the air as they frolic around the wood wedged in the middle of the fireplace.

His gaze would not meet his companion, nor anything else that was going on inside his room but instead, only focused on the fire.

"You came," Jungkook states quietly, "I'm glad."

Hearing how distance Jungkook sounded only brought great fear to the other. He wasn't sure how the situation would unfold, nor did he know if he wanted to have that knowledge.

"Yeah, sorry I haven't really seen much of you lately." Jimin weakly chuckles though it was obvious that it was a bit forced.

Jungkook finally averts his pupils away from the fire and instead at the stiffened teen that stood by his door.

"You can sit." The ravenette spoke yet it still sounded rather emotionless to say the least.

Jimin leisurely took his time to settle in the seat beside his friend, an anxious frown taking place upon his lips.

The room was silent for a fraction of a second before Jungkook says, "do you know why I asked you to come here?"

The platinum blonde gulps quietly, knowing fully well the reason even though he doesn't particularly want to say it aloud.

When he realises that Jimin isn't answering him, it made Jungkook smirk with a tiny chuckle parting from him. He wets his lips, gawking back at the fire place with that still smug expression. "Do you like him?"

Jimin's facial features morph into complete shock at the other's shameless words. "W-w-w-what?" He was in a spluttering mess, not knowing what to say nor do.

Jungkook unexpectedly bangs his palms off of the table in front of him, frightening Jimin into a panicking frenzy. "Tell me the truth! Do you like him?!"

"Yes!" The older confesses, making Jungkook fall back into his chair.

Another silence consumes them till the taller whispers out, "do you..." His gaze dropping from the fire to his lap. "Love him?"