Chapter 64

The air was dry as dim looking clouds scatter the greying sky. Despite there being no sunshine nor rain, a small breeze of the ocean waves seems to emerge every so often, cooling the tense state Taehyung was getting himself in.

He couldn't relax, not even for a fraction of a second as he repetitively kept tapping his toes while clutching his cocktail glass as he scans his surroundings cautiously.

Taehyung hadn't seen much of his mother after their brief conversation that night regarding the boy's father.

It was his villainous mom that was the cause behind why the teen was currently attending this mere party in the first place.

She easily slipped a note to the Kim's maids who then informed their young master of his mother's demand.

Mrs Kim requested that her son make an appearance to the boat show fundraiser.

It strikes Taehyung as odd, yet he knew his mother was up to something. He couldn't rest till he knew of her actions.

It was already hard enough that he was only days away from spending time with the one and only, Jeon Jungkook without piling on more issues to deal with.

He nervously chomps on his bottom lip, still checking around incase his mother might somehow appear within his sight.

Jin stood beside the younger, timidly staring at his shoes. He didn't have the courage to glance anywhere just yet, mentally feeling like he was out of place.

A flash of red passes Taehyung vision as he turns to finally see his mother along with Mr Jeon and Jungkook.

His mom was presented in a blood red dress, her hair pulled up into a loose bun with stray strands cascading down around her face.

She looked beyond beautiful, standing out a mile compared to the other ladies that were attending the event.

It made Taehyung sick at how naive everyone is for believing this witch to be kind and loving.

With his free hand, he grabs hold of Jin's elbow, causing the boy to tear his gaze up and away from his shoes. He openly gawks at Taehyung, a stare of upmost confusion baring his face.

The taller smiles down at him, but it looked to be fake as he spoke calmly, "I seem to have ran out of champagne." He raises the empty glass in front of Jin. "Would you be so kind as to retrieve me some more?"

The brunette gives a stiff nod, partly speechless since Taehyung was speaking rather...formally, something he doesn't normally do.

But what Jin didn't know was this was how Taehyung acted when at events or parties such as this. He had to keep up a status and at times would even speak this way in the presence of his mother, though that was not always the case.

Jin takes the glass from Taehyung's hand, being sure not to drop it as he makes his way towards the table with many of the alcoholic beverages placed on top of it.

Now having his friend diverted onto a task and far away from his bitch of a mother, Taehyung takes the opportunity to take long strides over to his mom.

"Well I see you got my message," Mrs Kim comments the second her son is by her side. "How nice of you to actually make an appearance."

Taehyung knew his mother's words were dripping in sarcasm yet it didn't avert him from his task at hand.

"May we?" He gestures a hand off to the side, indicating that he would like to speak with his mom in private.

"You wouldn't mind now, would you Mr Jeon?" The lavender haired teen smugly grins at the older man, pretending like he can't see Jungkook from the corner of his eyes with whom stood behind his father.

Taehyung hadn't actually seen much of Jungkook during the week since the older had issues of his own to be dealing with.

He still, had yet to decide whether he should meet with the woman who gave birth to him or not.

After all, she left him behind. Left him like the defenceless child that he was.

That he is.

Jungkook swirls the glass of whiskey that was in his grasp before gulping down the bitter taste.

He wipes his lips with his wrist, watching on while his ex-boyfriend drags away his father's girlfriend.

The ravenette grabs another drink from one of the many waiters walking around, drowning it within seconds.

His father glances his way before sighing and shuffles to Jungkook's side. "I expect you to behave yourself today, Jungkook. You do realise how important today is for me."

Mr Jeon's tone sounded threatening, clearly emphasising for his son to be on his best behaviour.

Jungkook rolls his orbs, "course, that's what you want." He grumbles, making his father's brows crinkle.

"What did you say, boy?!" He whisper-hisses, not in the mood for one of his son's tantrums.

Ever since his mom left, Jungkook would always resort to anger fits.

Mr Jeon never enjoyed dealing with it so would often leave it up to the many nannies, Jungkook had growing up.

Meanwhile, at the alcohol table, Jin was apprehensively waiting for the young looking waiter to finish fixing up Taehyung's drink so that the older can return to his friend's side.

He chews on his lower lip, observing the tuffs of grass underneath him.

"Here's your drink, sir." The waiter spoke out, catching Jin's attention, who in return whips his head up to look at the boy.

"O-o-oh th-thank y-y-you!" He carelessly yells, only causing his already burning cheeks to flare up even more.

Jin reaches out to take the glass from the smiling waiter, yet the other keeps ahold of the glass, causing Jin to clasp hands with the male.

The brunette was now looking like a tomato as he attempts to retreat back, apologetic at the sudden touch.

"Oh! I-I-I'm s-so sor-r-ry!!!" He croaks, trying to move away from the waiter but the boy grabs onto Jin's hand.

"Why don't you stick around here for a while, cutie?" He flirts, immediately causing the poor boy to panic.

"I-I-I..."

However, another voice cuts in instead. "Or, you can let go of him..."