Chapter 28

Jungkook repeatedly kept glancing in Taehyung's direction the next day at school.

He was unable to ignore the growing frustration he was feeling currently every time he looks at Taehyung.

The younger was busy chatting away with a scared looking boy by his side.

'Who the fuck is that?! Why is he with Taehyung?!' His mind couldn't rest from the ongoing scenarios. 'First Jimin and now this dude?!'

Jimin too, was struggling to keep his eyes away from Taehyung as he glares from across the hallway.

"Stop that," Yoongi hisses, slapping the younger across the back of the head. Jimin whines, rubbing his now sore neck with a small pout.

"Why did you do that for?" He cries out, angrily glaring at his friend who rolls his eyes because of how ridiculous the blondie is being.

"First, you're making it so obvious that you actually like him!" The elder made sure to enunciates the word 'like' to prove a point. "Secondly, why do you care that he has a new little friend? Shouldn't that be a good thing?"

The younger peels away his gaze from Taehyung for the first time since he lay eyes on him this morning as he turns a cheek and begins walking.

"Let's just get to class," he murmurs, not even attempting to answer any of Yoongi's questions.

Meanwhile, Jin was having a hard time getting used to all the preying eyes watching both him and Taehyung as they walk down the hallway.

"Um...T-T-Taehyung?" The older weakly spoke out, clutching the younger's black bomber jacket to slow him down.

"Hmm?" Taehyung hums, rotating his pupils to peer at his side where his new friend now stood.

"P-people are st-staring," he whispers in a hush tone, refusing to lift his gaze from the ground to look at anyone around them.

Taehyung could see others openly gawking at him. It was something he got used to personally but he guessed if he wasn't the way he is now, then he would probably be the same as Jin right now.

He places his hand onto Jin's, earning the older's attention. "It's fine Jinnie! It doesn't matter if people are looking or not, as long as you stick by my side, you'll be fine."

With those words now floating in Jin's mind, it gives him enough strength to nod as he continues to walk beside Taehyung. Though, he still didn't have the confidence just yet to look up and meet with anyone else's piercing stares.

~*~

Lunch time, Taehyung's favourite time of the day. It's the only time he really gets to annoy Jungkook and seduce Jimin since they didn't share very many classes together.

Jin trails behind the younger as they make their way towards a familiar table.

No one was sitting there yet, but Taehyung knew they would be coming soon.

He takes a seat down while Jin halts in his actions. He stares wide eyed at where Taehyung had chose to sit.

"Umm..." he mumbles out, his gaze still concentrated on the ground below.

Taehyung fakes innocence as he looks up at his new friend. "What's wrong?" He questions, making the brunette chew down on his lower lip.

"It's j-j-just-" before Jin could possibly finish his statement, another voice cuts in. "-hey! That's our table!" Namjoon's booming voice carries throughout the entire room.

Curious stares fall onto the group of boys now as Taehyung smirks up at them - more specifically, Jungkook.

"Does this table have your name on it?" Taehyung childishly asks with calmness in his tone.

"That's not the point, you're sitting where-" Namjoon attempts to continue his rant, accidentally bumping into Jin a little who was still standing timidly with his tray grasped between his shaking hands.

"-Does this table have your name on it?!" Taehyung questions again, his voice now elevated at a higher pitch to prove his point.

This seemed to shut Namjoon up as the rest of his friends stood behind the pink headed boy with slight disappointment.

"Well now, no harm in us all sitting here together now, is there?" The young lavender haired teen suggests, yanking Jin down beside him.

Yoongi was busy glaring at Jimin, who was too busy gawking at Taehyung's hand that is still placed on Jin's shoulder.

Taehyung had his eyes set on Jungkook, giving the boy a smirk while he does so. The ravenette attempted to conceal his annoyance, staring at the other with a blank expression.

Namjoon glared at both Taehyung and Jin, while the brunette kept his gaze on his twitching fingers.

And finally, Hoseok sighs since he's had enough of all the petty drama. "Just sit down," he announces to his friends as he takes a seat across from Taehyung.

"Wise choice, Hoseok." Taehyung chuckles, making the elder send him a short glare. "Don't Taehyung."

Now, with everyone sat around the table, things were only seeming to get more and more awkward.

"So...who exactly are you?" Jimin practically growls at Jin. The poor boy was already feeling insecure and frightened.

He had heard and seen these boys around before but never once did anything to create attention on him.

So of course none of the others had neither seen nor heard of Seokjin before. He was almost like a shadow, lingering in the background.

Taehyung too, was surprised when he found out the brunette older was actually a student at his school.

He had only been there a few weeks but thought he knew almost everyone in his year by now...apparently not.

"Jimin!" Hoseok grumbles, glaring at his friend with disappointment. "Sorry about him," he apologises towards the shaking brunette.

"I-it's ok-okay!" Jin subconsciously yells out, still not used to being surrounded by others like this.

The rest of lunch was spent with Jungkook glaring at Taehyung with venom in his orbs. He couldn't stand that the younger was within reach of him.

Jimin on the otherhand, had his eyes locked on Jin with an ugly stare. He wanted rid of the boy like he was some unannounced cold that wouldn't go away.