Chapter 52

Taehyung felt like he was having the worst day ever.

First, he couldn't find Jin anywhere so that he might be able to apologise or something since it was clearly obvious that the brunette was avoiding him like the plague.

Secondly, Taehyung was trying his hardest to go undetected by Jimin. He couldn't stand even being in the same room as the other since all he could feel is his heart speeding up, frightening him.

'This cannot happen!! This was not part of the plan!!!'

And then his mind falls directly onto Jungkook.

It seemed the elder had skipped school today, going unnoticed to the boy.

For a split, ever so fraction of a second, Taehyung was worried. Uneasy that the older might be really ill or perhaps he was locking himself away from everyone?

'No, no, no!!! That can't happen!! I need to break his heart!! He has to feel the pain!!!' Taehyung was now clutching his dyed locks, afraid to let his mind think incase it wanders back to worry.

He couldn't possibly care for Jungkook like this. The boy was a walking heartbreaker, a horrible being that hurts the weak and innocent.

Though, Taehyung was slowly but surely turning the same way. He wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing either since the opinions weighed each other.

The tall male was beginning to get frigid, afraid that he was jumping head first into something he shouldn't. 'Is it too late now to skip town again?' He thought loosely, wondering if all this was worth it.

While busy debating over his choices, Taehyung fails to see someone rounding the corner, causing both to clash straight into one another.

A stiff groan falls from Taehyung's lips as he rubs at his head where he had bumped it. He glances up, ready to meet the other who had bumped into him when realisation takes over.

"Hoseok?" The younger of the two calls out, gaining the dark haired male's attention.

"I guess we should both really start looking where we're going more." The older chuckles lightheartedly, though his eyes had a strange emotion in them, like he knew more of what was going on around them then Taehyung did.

It made the purple headed senior a little curious on what it might be.

And then an idea came to play. He knew if he did this and didn't feel bad then it was safe to say, he doesn't care for either Jungkook or Jimin.

It was as though he had to do it. To prove to them and most importantly, himself.

So immediately, Taehyung turns the cards around. His flirty, seductive side emerges as he smirks at Hoseok.

"You know, we haven't seen much of each other since I got back. Why don't you come over to mine and-" Taehyung was in mid-sentence, his wandering fingers running up and down Hoseok's arm but the older is quick to clasp Taehyung's hand up in his.

He gave Taehyung a firm look, one that would easily be named as a glare. It was like he was freezing the younger on the spot, stopping him from even blinking an eye.

"Don't do this Taehyung," the brunette spoke quietly. "You are a lot better than this and even you know that."

This frightened the taller, knocking back his confidence like he has been exposed. He couldn't allow that though, he couldn't fall back to how he used to be.

If he does, he'll only ever be the only one left broken-hearted.

He momentarily peers down to stare at the floor, a mocking chuckle fleeing from his lips before he maintains eye contact with the older again.

"You've got it wrong." He spoke aloud, snatching back his wrist from the smaller as his smug smile remains on his face.

A memory from his past comes to play in Taehyung's mind...
.
.
.
.
.
The young brunette was in one of his most hated classes; gym.

He wasn't athletic, he couldn't run fast, throw far nor leap high.

It made Taehyung feel a little bad, especially since his boyfriend was so good at sports.

Just thinking about Jungkook brought a smile to Taehyung's lips, as he continues to think about him to get by his horrific lesson.

The coach blows his whistle, demanding for the students to team up for stretches.

Taehyung immediately felt that awful sense of dread. He didn't have any friends to partner with.

No one seemed to like him...except Jungkook.

While daydreaming yet again about his boyfriend, someone comes up from behind the small boy and taps his shoulder.

Taehyung frowns as he turns to face Hoseok who had a polite smile on his lips. "Wanna be my partner, Taetae?"

The younger brunette was in shock, he couldn't believe someone actually wanted to be his partner.

He almost forgot that Hoseok was in this class. Ever since he started dating Jungkook, his small world was slightly expanding so that he had the ravenette's friends too.

"Y-you wanna be my partner?" The smaller weakly questions, unsure if Hoseok was being legit or not.

The elder nods, still baring that contagious smile. It made Taehyung feel relax, knowing that Hoseok seems trustworthy.

Getting down to sit on the floor, the pair sit across from each other with their legs out wide.

Grabbing each other's hands, they begin to stretch. Taehyung couldn't help but feel how warm Hoseok's hands are.

It was a complete contrast to his icy cold ones.

"So Taehyung?" The older drags out while he helps Taehyung lean forward to stretch.

The younger hums as a response, too busy holding in his painful yelps at how far he was bending.

"How are things with Jungkook?" Hearing this immediately causes the young teen to lift his head up with a grin.

He was like one of those annoying people who get into a relationship and can't help but talk about their lover 24/7.

Though, Taehyung didn't really have anyone who he could speak to about Jungkook much.

"We're doing great! I still just can't believe that he likes me! Me, of all people!!!" The smaller chimes happily, causing Hoseok lips to falter between a weak smile and sad frown.

"That's great, Taetae!" He tries his hardest to fake enthusiasm, despite being overly worried for the younger's future heartbreak to come.

Taehyung didn't deserve this, he didn't deserve to be treated as some stupid bet that was easy to throw away the second Jungkook no longer needs him.

Hoseok made it his own job to see just how Jungkook feels for the other, to see whether or not love might be able to blossom in this fake relationship.

For the meantime though, he had to make sure Taehyung was safe and happy.

"That's good...can I just say Taehyung, if you're ever struggling or worrying about something, please come to me."

Hearing this only forms a larger grin to display itself on Taehyung's cheeks. He never had someone care for him like this before and it only made him more happy.

"Okay Hobi."