Chapter 71

It was two days before the group were to travel away for their vacation. Taehyung was leisurely lounging in the main living room, putting off packing.

"Master Taehyung?" One of the maids spoke out carefully, making sure she did not disturbing the boy too much incase he's in one of his snapping moods.

Which he has been in for the last week, ever since the engagement was announced.

He rubs his temple with the tips of his long and surprisingly delicate fingers, closing over his orbs as he boringly mutters, "what is it?"

The girl clears her throat, a look of subtle fear washes over her but she attempts to hold in her emotions, petrified incase the master notices it and fires her.

Though to Taehyung, all of this was merely insignificant to him. He couldn't care less for his staff...unless they seriously got on his bad side.

"Sorry to interrupt your leisure time master, but I just want to inform you that your mother has arrive home to pack for your trip."

Hearing this immediately made Taehyung snap open his dark orbs in a jolting surprise.

Finally, finally he was going to be given the chance to yell at that horrible mother of his.

So the young male briskly rises to his feet, an abrupt look of determination crosses his expression.

The poor maid almost flinches at the unexpected movements from the teenager, visibly cowering in her stance like she's awaiting for him to strike her with his hand.

However, Taehyung heading out of the lounge area but not before halting in his actions. "Oh, and make sure someone packs for my vacation."

Bowing, the maid obeys, quickly moving out of sight just incase the purple headed male suddenly burst a vein and grows angry at her for no reason.

The lavender haired teen tramps up towards his mother's private quarters. He barges his way inside her room, not even startling her when he enters.

Mrs Kim was in the midst of selecting outfits for their journey when her son bombarded her peace.

"Come to see your dear mother?" She spoke gracefully, like she was nothing but a sweet flower in this harsh world.

But Taehyung was fully aware that, that wasn't the case for her. "Don't play the damsel in distress card!" He sneers.

He had no time to be playing such games with his mother, knowing fine well that she likes to play dirty, always cheating like the bitch that she is.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?!" Taehyung snarls, huffing grumpily as he shuts over the door so that no one else can hear their conversation.

Mrs Kim temporarily stops herself from packing. She keeps her back to the boy, not even having the courage to face him head on.

The suffocating silence was enough to push Taehyung more, "ANSWER ME!!!"

"WE NEED THIS, TAEHYUNG!!!" His mom yells with just as much volume.

It brought nothing but perplex to the young boy, he didn't have a clue what his mother was blabbering on about.

"W-what?" He finds his voice now coming out weak, like he's lost every ounce of rage that he had only moments ago.

Taehyung was in complete bewilderment as to what might possibly be going on when he sees his mother let out a growl of a sigh.

"We need this marriage to happen if we still want a future with our company."

And then it all clicked, "you never cared for him to begin with, did you?" Taehyung substantially questions, suddenly at a loss for emotion.

He stares profoundly at his mother, throughly waiting for her exact reply.

Mrs Kim purses her cherry red lips, she was afraid she said more than was necessary.

"Tell me mother, what are you up to? What does this have to do with the company?" Taehyung mumbles, his gaze capturing his mother's, practically keeping her from glancing away.

"We were losing too much money...if we marry, our companies become one."

"I take it Mr Jeon is also in on this?" Taehyung continues to fire interrogations at her, hoping to find some form of the truth behind this whole ordeal.

Though, when Mrs Kim makes a face that would indicate otherwise, Taehyung finds his orbs slowly expanding.

His bottom lip falls ajar, his entire demeanour turning stone cold, like a statue.

"He thinks this is all real, doesn't he?" It was clear as day now.

The evil woman lifts her head to hold it high, attempting to act like she somehow has the upper hand when that clearly wasn't the case.

"And what are you going to do about it? Run off and tell the truth? You're only ruining your own future then."

The purple headed teen smirks, peering down at his feet while shaking his head in disappointment.

"No," he meets his mother's eyes again. "I'll let you do that all on your own." He sneers, his pupils burning with hatred.

For just a fraction of a second, Mrs Kim felt threatened and a little afraid of her son.

Just a little.