Chapter 66

Jin and Namjoon sat beside a small river just far off in the distance from the fundraiser party.

They could still faintly hear the loud chattering and softly playing music in the background as they just sat there, gazing directly towards the flowing river.

Jin remained with his head down, his hands sat between his thighs. He didn't have an ounce of confidence left within him.

So of course, it was Namjoon to speak first. "I'm sorry that I might have...upset you earlier." He spoke quietly, hoping to sound sincere.

Jin continues to gawk down at the ground, not even sure how to reply back to the other as he stares elsewhere.

Back at the party, Taehyung nervously kept tapping his foot while he waited for Jin to return.

He had to keep his gaze lingering wherever his mother went, knowing that sooner or later, the truth as to why he is here will be revealed.

All of a sudden, a presence appears beside Taehyung's side, causing a shadowy figure to display itself within Taehyung's view.

He gawks up from the ground, peering over to see a grinning Jimin.

Of course he would be here, after all, his father was also a member and good friends with Mr Jeon.

Not to mention the fact that Jimin is Jungkook's best friend so obviously he would be present.

"What do you want?" Taehyung grumbles, averting his eyes to once again stare at his mother who was over a fair bit away from him as she and Mr Jeon look at the overly expensive yachts that were on sale for today.

Jimin smirks, coming closer so that his side just barely brushes up against Taehyung. "Are you nervous to be around me because we kissed?" He teases into the younger's ear, enjoying how stiff Taehyung suddenly goes at the question.

The taller whips his head to the side, shocked when his face is only an inch away from Jimin's.

His orbs enlarge as he shoves the smirking blondie away from him while he moves his face to look in the opposite direction.

He was humiliated that the smaller could affect him like this.

"Don't be stupid! It's not like we haven't kissed before!" He points out, attempting to come across less powerless to the older.

Jimin just chuckles, right when a sudden sound of a microphone being checked is echoed throughout the tense air.

All eyes turn to the noise, spotting Mr Jeon holding onto the microphone while Taehyung's mom stood along side him, clutching his arm tightly.

"Shit!" Taehyung mutters under his breath when he sees that whatever is to be said next, may be potentially the reason why he was dragged here.

Jimin flickers his gaze away from Mr Jeon, to instead look back at Taehyung with furrowed brows.

"What?" He couldn't hear the younger as he watches the sheer horror cross Taehyung's eyes.

"I need to go," the taller mumbles while Mr Jeon clears his throat into the mic, collecting everyone's attention as he does so.

Taehyung ignores Jimin completely, edging closer to where Jungkook's father stood as a crowd begins to form.

Jungkook, who had been standing closer to where the boys' parents were, was now too moving in to hear better, wondering what the heck was going on.

"Good afternoon everyone," Mr Jeon spoke into the microphone, now having a crowd to speak out to.

Taehyung manages to get a good view from where he was as he stands tall, a small frown forming on his lips.

He almost failed to notice that Jungkook too, was now beside him, also wearing an equally as confused expression.

The pair give one another a side glance, acknowledging that other was there before rotating their gaze back to Jungkook's father.

"Welcome to todays fundraiser, I am thrilled to announce that we have reached our goal for today which is an amazing thing to announce." Mr Jeon's voice booms out of the speakers.

The swarm of people clap in union while Taehyung sustains his full attention on his mother.

Mrs Kim peers over towards her son, connecting their gazes as she bares that all to knowing smirk, like she's up to something.

It was enough to make Taehyung's stomach churn, especially when he hears the next words fall from Jungkook's father's mouth.

"I also want to announce my engagement with Chaewon."

•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·

Author's Note

Just so I don't confuse anyone, Chaewon is Taehyung's mother. So basically Jungkook and Taehyung are going to be step-brothers...or are they?😂😂

Also, I faintly skimmed over this chapter so if words seem wrong or don't make sense, I'm sorry in advance, I'll go over spelling mistakes and such once the story is completed. 💖💖

Please vote ✨
Comment 💬
And follow ❤️