Chapter 77

Jin's eyes hazily peel open, his vision being horrendous from his current state. He tried his hardest to figure out where he was and how he even got there to begin with.

At first, he thought he might still be lying on the dirty ground inside his father's home and that alone was enough to make the boy spring to his feet.

"Woah! Woah! Settle down!" Taehyung was quick to sit the dizzy teen back onto the bed.

"W-w-where a-am I-I-I?" The panicking brunette wails, sudden tears forming in his orbs as he finally lets his guard down.

"It's okay, it's okay." Taehyung whispers while he runs his hand through Jin's hair to soothe him.

It doesn't take long before the sniffling older is quietly hummed into a sort of dreamy like attitude.

Taehyung wanted to ask, he wanted to find out the truth as to why his only friend turned up at his house looking in such a condition.

But he could see that for now, it wasn't exactly possible to find out.

~*~

It was very early hours when Jin finally awoke again, feeling much better after having a well rested sleep in a nice, soft bed.

He woke with a stretch, though his body was still heavy and weak. Having to sit up slowly, Jin gets himself into a sitting position while he inspects his surroundings closely.

The chocolate haired male found himself under silk white sheets in a large bed inside an equally large room.

It was familiar, there was no doubt about it but when his gaze met with a sleeping Taehyung still resting in the armchair beside the mattress, he could easily guess that he made it to Taehyung's house.

The early morning light was beaming in through the closed curtains, giving Jin an idea that it was probably around 3-4am.

He was debating over whether it would be wise to wake the napping teen from his - what looks to be a deep slumber, but quickly chooses against it.

Peering down, Jin takes note that his arms were covered with plasters and when he touches his still achy head, there was a bandage wrapped around it.

There was no use now, he couldn't possibly conceal his dark secret for much longer since Taehyung has seen the ugly side to it...partially but luckily, he had never seen the beast of the man in action behind the bruises but this was by far close enough.

Jin didn't know what to do, he was too embarrassed to admit the truth and also knew that he wasn't a very convincingly liar so Taehyung would see right through him.

And yet, he was tired of living this way. In constant fear that his father might go so far that he might, dare he say it...kill him.

It is a frightfully menacing thought to say the least, a real nightmarish fog that looms over the angsty teen.

Jin remained sat upon the bed for the next few hours, just lost in his own thoughts with occasional glances towards his companion.

He pondered over what he might say to Taehyung when he wakes, how he had to come up with some form of a deceiving storyline behind the marks.

'I could still say I fell down the stairs, I measly just tripped instead of being pushed. I thought I was okay but once I reached the residence, I felt undeniably nauseous and dizzy. He'll have to believe that!'

Like a pat to the back and a small smile delicately spreading on the elder's lips, Jin snuggled back in the sheets, deciding it would be best to get another few hours sleep so he can't dwell on negative thoughts.