Across My Universe P.2

Last Time...

..."this is Saiagi Kunio treat him well." he says nicely. "Saiagi sit..." he thought for a while "there." he points out.

I sat in between, myself and Touma, things couldn't possibly get much worse from there.

Kusuo's P.O.V

As I walk to my desk all eyes on me, I get clear thoughts of my two desk-mates. Well, he seems norm-he lives far since he didn't get here on time ones thoughts just kept coming in overlapping his other thoughts, while the other Kusuo would just have an empty silent mind, well, not entirely. His thoughts weren't important to me.

The teacher explained the assignment, which was just to make a few math problems of multiplication and division but to add to my terrible luck, something good happened. We would be working with our peers next to each other so I luckily worked with Kusuo and unluckily worked with Touma.

"Great we're partners!"
"I'm Akechi, nice to meet you"
"I have a few ideas."
"Look, I'm good at math."

He just continued to ramble off with a scary look on his face getting close to mine, I tried to avoid his face getting closer to mine. 'I have to go to the bathroom' I sent to his head as he later said. "I'll be right back." and ran out on the room. I regained my position next to Kusuo as we worked.

We finished the paper in only a few minutes since I already knew everything I got impatient. We showed it to the teacher who gave us a gold star sticker. Then the lunch bell rung, signaling lunch. I, unfortunately, didn't have one and the only food I had was a cookie that I had the day before, but the faster I get over this the quicker I get home.

I took the cookie out of a now empty brown bag and sat alone at a table, thinking about a plan. I just had to find a way to get a cookie with him fast. "Is that you're going to eat?" I hear a voice crack into my thoughts. I look up to see Kusuo looking down at me while he brought his own lunch.

I just nod, trying to pull on his heartstrings to sit down and pity me. He sat down in front of me and handed me half of his peanut butter and jelly sandwich. "Thank you!" I say as I gobble it up, not noticing how hungry I had become. I really needed to something about that, I don't want someone to call child services. He just nodded sitting there...staring at me...closely.

I wipe my face with my sleeve and look at him, "Is there something wrong?" I ask. He shook his head. "I know! I have an idea. Let's go to a cafe after school!" I say filled with false glee. "Why?" he said skeptically. "Why not? I don't have to be home till 7 or dill nightfall." I made up as I try to get him to find me as a friend, then all I have to do is find a home.

"We can go with our parents." Kusuo finally agreed, parents...shoot. "I can go with one of yours instead, I'm trusted!" I lie, really I was a homeless orphan from the future trying to get home. "Money?" he asked again, I take out a small bag filled with money, mostly coins but it can still add up. He just nodded, "Sure, you can come to follow me to my house." he agrees.

I smile "Yay! Thank you....?" it would look strange if I already knew his name "Kusuo."

"Kusuo!" I repeat. I just need to be friends with him and the hard part is done I attempt to convince myself but really this entire thing is going to be difficult.

The bell rings to signal the end of the day, after cleaning the class and getting my shoes I follow Kusuo to his house to be greeted by mo-his mom and dad. "Hello, you must be Ku-chan's friend I'm his mother, call me Miss. Kurumi" she sweetly says to me as I nod, "And I'm his father you can call me Mr. Saiki or Kuniharu I don't care." he shrugged "Thank you for being friends with our grumpy little boy, I know it must be difficult to be friends with him but he is a nice guy." they both sobbed as they got close to my face.