Across My Universe P.3

Last Time...

"Where are you going?" Kusuke asks "to find my brother." I say as I close the door behind me I feel pale and sick, but I drag myself to the forest to get Kusuke.

Kusuo's P.O.V

I slowly walk towards the forest tripping every so often, but the closer I still get the better. I stumble one more time as my knees collapse on the dirt ground. I try to stand but I couldn't, I try to use my powers but they where defunctioning. If only one day turned me into this I don't even want to know what things would be like the next day or even my final day. All I now had to do was find myself a home to live and get Kusuke. Those were my two and only priorities until I get to my home.

Since I couldn't get up and since I was also close I dragged myself there. I grasp rocks and roots that stick out of the ground and hoist myself to go further. Then I start to feel my legs again, I quickly grab onto a nearby tree to find Kusuke better. I quickly find him still asleep against a tree. I quickly run to him without tripping and falling. I tiredly sit next to him as I shake him to wake up. "Kusuke! Kusuke!" I shake him, "get up, I need your help!" I beg surprising myself while saying that final part.

He tiredly opened his eyes. "Damn, where am I?" he says while holding onto his head for comfort. "Not sure, about 10 years back. 2009 or 10" I quickly explain. He turns to look at me, as he looks confused. "Who are you?" he asks as he tries to make sense of what's happening. "Kusuo! Idiot!" I scold but he just laughs "You don't look like him, but you sure do act like him." he continues to laugh.

I roll my eyes as I turn back into the 17-year-old me, shutting him up completely as he watches me grow 9 years in a second. Though it was tiring I did save a lot of energy becoming myself again. "What's going on!" he shouts as I cover his mouth to shut him up. "I'm not sure, but if I don't leave quickly we will die," I warn him. At that time I also told him about the tattooed markings on my arm that come to a go.

Giving me 'quests' through the day, leaving me with one left to find a house to live. After explaining everything needed he seemed to understand it in a decent point of view. "Okay, so what should I do? I can't go going around like this, and also 'young-me' am still pretty smart."
"Yeah, I'll see..." I think, I quickly had to have an idea, I had to act like he's my brother, but he couldn't look like Kusuke more than he once did.

"You're thinking too hard, use your powers to make me look like another child." he scoffed "No wonder I'm the smart child." he laughed. I rolled my eyes "But that would drown my energy." I try to reason. "We have 2 days and a half all we need to do in finding a home to live, bam! We go home." he made it sound easy. I reluctantly agree as I change his look.

I created a gold light that surrounded him as he begins to change, looking younger and like a whole different person. "You are 15 years old, Kaoru Saiagi."

As he looks at his new form I change into another one feeling tired, "Wow! I never knew you could make me look like a decent person! I swear I thought that you were going to turn me into a girl or something!" he laughed as he scratched his head

As he looks at his new form I change into another one feeling tired, "Wow! I never knew you could make me look like a decent person! I swear I thought that you were going to turn me into a girl or something!" he laughed as he scratched his head. "I don't have the energy." I mumble as I try to stand, "Kus-"
"It's now Kunio." he sighed "Kunio, this isn't healthy." He tried to stop me from getting up, "take a break." he sat me down "And what!" I snap at him "SLOWLY DIE!" I continued to scream as Kusuo and Kusuke Saiki had found me. "NOT ON MY WATCH!" I yell. Kusuke just pierced his lips together, "All we need to do is find a home, I'll go through college and we'll leave." he tried to reason noticing the presence behind him.

"You could always live with us?" Kusuke behind us popped in, as his mother behind him nodded. "I don't want you too on the streets alone, that's not healthy." she chimed. "R-really?" he started to fake cry, she just smiled and nodded as Kusuo gave her a look of insanity as they bickered amongst each other.
'That's a terrible idea what if they found out!'
'They won't and I'm not leaving them out here, they could die'
'Well, they can't stay with us, take them to an orphanage for the best of them'
'No end of discussion!'
she snapped finally ending the internal fight.

"Let's go." Mom- Kusuo's Mom told us as we followed, I easily took two steps as I let go of the tree. Then the world started to spin, I felt myself vomit in the forest, as everyone turned to see what happened. My body started to move on its own as I began to sway back and forth. I felt myself being picked up and sat down near the end of the forest, I reluctantly get back up, internally begging to go home like a child, I start to take a few steps, till everything went black, I felt a rush of wind knocking me over on to my chest as my head hit the ground and bounced.

I couldn't move and see, not one sense could be woken, as I find myself in a dream-like state, everything else was like a blur of slurred words and light that went through my eyelids.

I woke up as I shoot myself up, I found myself in the room I woke up with as Kusuke stared down at me he looked up "It's day two." he said as tears brimmed his eyes, a surge of pain went through my heart as I struggled to breathe, as the clock next to me hit 12:00 A.M.

He walked up to me patting my back as I began to cough and lose breath, "We'll make it through." he said as his mind said otherwise tears hitting the bed's mattress. I had never seen him so week and vulnerable, I quickly turn back into myself and Kusuke into his self, not even understanding how I still kept myself like before.

My arm began to shine as we both looked to see what it read.

Even with struggle, you made it through
You now don't have anything to do

At morning is soon, and morning the next day
Come at 12 ante meridiem to the forest of your place.

Come and you'll see, we will let you go home in one piece.

It read. "So practically, in exactly one day we have to go back to the forest?" Kusuke asked as I nodded clutching my heart. "Not down shinigami, not now, just a little longer," I mumbled as I pulled back up the covers to my shoulders. Kusuke went to sleep at the bed across the room from mine.

"Goodnight...Kunio." he said "Goodnight Kaoru." I said as I began to in sleep plan tommorow out, as I turned me and Kusuke into out new identities.