Kids AU

Requested: (I can't remember! I'm so sorry!)

Saiki wasn't an anti-social kid, per se, but he sure as hell wouldn't go walking up to some big fifth-grader, if he had anything to say about it, those ten and eleven-year-olds were scary, super-duper scary, and Saiki did his best to avoid them as best as possible. Which included his brother and his really weird friend, who also had a sister Saiki's age.

When Kusuo would play on the swings after school, he would meet up with a girl from a big, rich and fancy, preparatory school that was a few kilometers away from where he lived and his school, and today would probably be the last time he would see her before her brother would come and stink up the whole place. He was crazy and desperate, Kusuke had once mentioned, and Kusuo knew to keep his distance.

Makoto usually stood up for Kokomi, even if she was wrong. This lead to the point where he would stalk her, before after and during schools (Saiki would learn his brother did this too later in his lifetime), and would yell at anyone who would get in a fifty-meter radius of her. Including Kusuo, so he knew when to stay back. Kokomi was supposed to go straight home after school, under Makoto's request (demand), but today she didn't.

They both would swing on the swing sets, enjoying life. All until...

"Wanna go catch bugs with me?" a boy just randomly appeared in front of his face, making Saiki jump then fall backward from his swing, Kokomi gasped in surprise, and then thought something among the: WWAPPGD?

Which meant: What Would a Perfect Pretty Girl Do?

She read that off the back of a magazine and had become obsessed, Saiki knew better than to call her out on it, so he just let her thoughts do what they did, and hopefully, this desire of being perfect and pretty would never happen. It would probably fade out, by the time they were in fifth grade. (He would soon find out the hard way, that she didn't let being the Perfect Pretty Girl go)

"So what do you say?" A small horrifying child asked, and held a bug but. Making Saiki pale.

"You good, friend?" the boy with a terrible haircut, and a face that would need holy water, asked. While Saiki stepped back, in fear and onto a sandpit, another kid was also there, in the sandbox, Saiki paid no mind to him, other than the fact that he shouldn't go over his sandcastle.

Teruhashi did nothing but watch from afar, and would constantly ask herself WWAPPGD, WWAPPGD, WWAPPGD? She did nothing, as Nendo followed Saiki.

"Do you got a problem?" the kid in the sandpit asked, he had lengthy purple hair and wore something middle-aged, bald gang members would wear. He was wearing black leather, with shiny embroidery, and a toothpick in his mouth.

This would have been a lot scarier, if he weren't in the sandpit.

"Why do you look so stupid?" the butt chined idiot deadpanned, as the young delinquent looking kid's jaw dropped and the bluntness, and cruelty of these words. "Isn't it hot outside, my mom says you shouldn't wear black long sleeves in the summer," he said.

The delinquent gasped, not really sure what to say back, but he suddenly got really nervous, he was super dressed up, only to be playing in the sandbox alone, with two friends (Wrong) standing over him like he was the weird one.

Doesn't everyone's parents have a private gang that they hide in their house when the police are looking for them?

He guessed not.

"Jumping jacks." a kid panted right near the benches in the shade, "Let's hit it!" he panted, he looked just as weird as the kid in the sandpit, only with weird eyebrows, and an unhealthy amount of sweat coming from him.

Saiki turned on his heel, to go towards Teruhashi. Only to see Kusuke standing next to her, talking. Kusuo walked towards the group, while the other kids distracted themselves.

"Oh hello little brother." Kusuke smiled, "I'm going to go shopping, do you want anything?" Kusuo shook his head, why was he all the way over here, of all places?

"KOKOMI!" someone across the park yelled, it was her bother.

"Oh goodness." she stood up, "I better go leave." she ran towards her brother who squeezed her endlessly.

Saiki was planning on going back home since Kokomi left, but only stuck around after he heard a lay say: "Now Shun, you sit on this bench and read while I go to work." a lady sternly said, as her son, also their age, nodded with a book in his hands, and red-rimmed glasses.

Even after hearing that, Nendou chose to go up to this 'Shun' kid. "Wanna go catch some bugs?" he asked, as the kid looked up. Almost scared (Which was natural to be scared of such a demonic creature), "Sorry." he sighed. "I can't,"

Nendo gave him a cocked head, questioning why this boy wouldn't go play with them. "My mommy said I can't."

"Is it a rule?" Nendo asked like his head was going places.

"N-no..." he said, "I don't think." he sighed.

"Great! Then you're not breaking any rules." He grabbed onto the kid, with no second thought, and ran off to play with him on the swings.

They had the time of their lives, until their parents came around, and wondered why they weren't home yet, and when Mrs. Shun's mom, came out of whatever she was doing.

"Shun! I told you to stay on that bench and read!"

"Aren! It's past your curfew!" (Though in the scary man's head, he was praising his son for being so much like him and his mother)

"Keneshi! You look horrible! We need to go to the hospital!" (He did look horrible.)

"Riki, thank you for staying here while I got some cigarettes." (It took her a long time to come back from buying those cigarettes.)

"Little brother! Time to go home!"

That day forward, they would become a gang of friends. With the exception of that weird Shrine kid who would hug everybody, he'd see, and talk into the thin air.