Saiki Kusuo x Death Note

~Kusuo Saiki~

It doesn't take a genius to know that people with superhuman abilities were different from the rest of the 'mortal' humanity. Saiki Kusuo has lived through countless of stories in his first life but had tragically ended a little after high school and in his beginning years of college in Japan, at a ripe and tragic age of 20 years 4 months (15 days 11 hours and 52 minutes) old.

Of course, this wasn't Kusuo's fault, no not at all. It was actually a spirit's fault. Kusuo knew this spirit wasn't 'bad' but in all truth, he wasn't the best spirit he had ever met in his life either. Ryuk was a strang soul, but a trusty one that had him backstabbed.

After Kusuo had gotten a hold of the 'Death Note' a strange notebook indeed, Saiki only killed off three people, and those were the worst of the worst people ever to graze the planet in the time of when he was living. Killing a high strong dictator and the second and third in command, leading the citizens to take over their life once again, and leading more people to live for generations rather than to three horrific people dying a (kindly written) quick and painless death to end the dictatorship bloodline.

But when Kusuo went to burn the book, leaving it untouched by the rest of humanity and sending the book back to the spirits up above for a new Shinigami handler to take its place, Ryuk got bored and slightly irritated, and to make the Death Note last longer without a new Shinigami to take its place, the spirit took to killing off Kusuo of a heart attack, that hadn't killed him on the spot, but later in the hospital where he spoke his last words, while Ryuk and his family stood over his bed, some gripping his hand, other's saying useless words of comfort for the already dying Kusuo.

"I will...see you, again..." he struggled through the words that were thought to be directed to his still young family and friends, who cried as Kusuo's heart monitor stopped beeping. But it was directed to the spirit, that laughed, and thought that would never happen.

Boy, the bitch was wrong.

Just as quickly as Kusuo's spirit left his body, the now-dead boy was searching for a body of a recently born child, that was likely not to survive past the three-hour mark, due to natural causes and defects, Saiki chose to take the unborn child's place.

Kusuo quickly before the rest of the spirits, shot himself quickly into a hospital and into a new life form, that by 'miracle' lived.

Saiki was now, 0 years old 0 months old (0 weeks old 5 minutes) old Kusuo Yagami. (That was a cause of coincidence and God being on his side, for once,)

Now having another genius elder brother, Light ( who was two years older) that Kusuo knew he had to be a shadow under, Kusuo started his new life to find Ryuk and take back the Death Note before it falls into an unsavory hand of a power-hungry human.

~

Kusuo was back at an undelightful age of fifteen years old again, and now meeting the kids of his old friends, which he had accidentally befriended in the past, but now knowing what his life was really worth, Kusuo now tried his best not to do anything too stupid with their life on the line, even though Kusuo, still being a psychic and all, had the ability to do anything stupid and lived.

Kusuo also found out that Ryuk had 'dropped' his notebook once again, now it was in his house and taken by his elder brother, who was going on a murder spree, having all eyes on Kusuo's new house.

Rolling his eyes, Kusuo took a breath and began to plan a way to take the notebook back, it wasn't really that hard since he had abilities that far surpassed the ability to kill.

Kusuo walked into Light's room, Light was unenjoyable 'reading' a scandalous magazine. Kusuo faked disgust as if he didn't know his brother was trying to distract the people watching the camera on the other side from knowing that he was an actual killer, bu pretending to be just a normal boy who liked looking at not so normal photos.

"Ew," Kusuo said bluntly, as Light hid the book under his pillow, "I should buy you some respect women juice," he also muttered downward, the camera listened in, his father was listening in, knowing at least one of his sons was a respectful person.

"I'll just come back later," Kusuo scanned the room, using X-ray to find the book, finding it perfectly hidden from all human sight, a very 'Light' hiding space.

Kusuo then walked out without a word, and since he knew what this Death Note looked like now (a little beaten up, but still the same) He had the ability to get the unpriced and pricy book for free with a change of pen to the notebook.

And then forced the power out, being able to switch the two objects quickly. Then tucking the book away in a gym bag, that he planned on going to, later that evening, but chose to go now to have a conversation with the spirit who was laughing loudly, so loudly that even Light perked up a little of the loudness.

Kusuo waved his mother goodbye and began to walk towards a grave, a special eraser in hand.

"I told you I will see you again," Saiki said as he opened the book, flipping to his name which was in the middle than began to erase the name feeling his spirit tug out of him to meet matches with his original life form that was six feet under.

"That you did," Ryuk laughed as had enough fun after watching the crazy power-hungry Light at work, over his swift, smart and supposed-to-be dead little brother.

Saiki finished erasing his name and blew the remaining pieces off the sheet, then began to wait for a painful forty seconds, burning the book by the ten-second mark, and by the time Kusuo Yagami was dead on Kusuo's Saiki's grave, he had ash next to his body.

I'd take days, and a screeching Teruhashi to find the body of the fifteen-year-old boy laying on her friend's grave.

Saiki chose not to go back to the land of the living, but rather be the guardian spirit of, Kusuo Toritsuka.