Across My Universe P.4

Last Time...

"Goodnight...Kunio." he said "Goodnight Kaoru." I said as I began to in sleep plan tomorrow out, as I turned me and Kusuke into out new identities.

Kusuo's P.O.V

I woke up today as another sharp pain went through my chest stopping me from breathing I cough and choke on nothing in an attempt for just a little air. With the sudden ghastly noises at 8 in the morning, it woke everyone up, as everyone stood by the door in shock seeing my face loose it's clear color into paleness, my brother-Kaoru as his new identity for now is- did something as he patted my back to get rid of the unknown substance tickling the back of my throat.

I did later calm down after an hour, Dad actually did something useful and bring cough medicine from the medicine drawer, though my elder brother and I knew that it wasn't going to do anything if I did have it or not. Mom called the hospital to see if anywhere open ever since a huge festival went off only a few days before I appeared, that even companies and businesses were still celebrating and let employees have a few days off to be with their families or something of their choosing, but none did and the next time one would be open was in two days, I wouldn't be here even if I chose to. I would be either dead or back into 2019.

Kusuo and Kusuke even did something to try to help out, young me tried to see how far his powers could go by healing people and would come into my room to see if I was doing okay by touching my back to lay me back down or feel my head, but really it was all just to try to deal with his powers, but with his powers mine contrasted his doing nothing in the end.

Young Kusuke tried to search what we had, hard coughing, a large amount of vomiting, passing out, but nothing after searches matched up, he tried to find out himself by taking a little bit of blood when me and my brother were sleeping so we could feel nothing, but testing that he saw nothing wrong no fever, germs diagnostics nothing. We had some unknown problem that has never happened nor been heard of to affect children.

By the time both my me and my brother were feeling decent again, it was already 8 P.M we had spent almost an entire day feeling ill and worrying others who won't ever see us again. We went downstairs to see Mom and Dad around the table trying to get ahold of some any medical team that could help us out. As Kaoru my brother grabbed onto my shoulder to stop him from falling we went downstairs to eat something before we leave.

"What are you two doing?" Mom asked as she looked up to see us in front of the low table "Could we have some tea?" Kaoru asks and she nodded "Of course, I've seen you've been feeling better?" she says hopefully as I just nod. "Sit down I'll be back," she said as she and Dad got up to make the tea.

After only a few minutes Mom came back with a kettle of hot water and tea bags as Dad set down the cups and a few cut lemons. "We'll be back, we are trying to get a hold of some doctors." Mom said as she and Dad left the room. Leaving us two to drink alone.

I began to think of a plan to leave the house to get to the woods quickly and with no one noticing. I had to use my powers since we wouldn't be able to walk them in time unless we left now, so we could teleport. Kusuo and Kusuke where both asleep as for them, they won't get in our way.

As 11:30 came around my brother and I went back upstairs to our rooms and locked the door. We had to get there quickly as I was feeling worse by every passing minute came through. With nothing to tell anyone who we are or where we left, I quickly grabbed my brother by his leg (since I'm still short) and teleported to the forest, but before that, we heard the door open. He didn't close the door fully.

Though now we where in the woods and far from our home we had only so much time left, as teleporting took longer. As we walked for a bit, I found a strange glow near the tree my brother was found. We swiftly run to it as it started to produce words that would generate more as we both finished reading it.

Good job getting here on time

Just press and you can go home.

Is all it read as my brother who now I let turn into his self and myself who I also now looked like myself nodded to each other. As we pressed the button we heard a voice "Who are you?" it yelled. We turned to see Kusuo and Kusuke with our Mom. Me and Kusuke where frozen in fear that we now couldn't go home, as our body slowly disintegrated into dust that would turn into sparkles in the high air leading us back home.

"What are you?" Kusuo yelled "I trusted you, who are you?" he hollered as he began to cry. "We're you." Kusuke broke the silence that defends the atmosphere. "Liar! What happened to Kaoru and Kunio Saiagi!" he screamed as he ran towards us, I quickly trapped him in a bubble as I raised my hand. Hoping tears wouldn't come out I had the courage to speak "They aren't real...never have been...never will be."
"Liar!" he yelled as young Kusuke had tear-filled eyes as he stared at us and Mom had her hands over her mouth out of shock or to hold back a choked sob. To end Kusuo's point I converted ourselves into Kunio and Kaoru. "See, it's us?" I say smiling as tears came pouring through. Kusuo found a way out of the bubble as he ran towards me into a hug.

"Don't leave, don't leave!" he pleaded as he hugged me as half of my body went into the sky leaving only the other half on earth. "I have to." I changed back into ourselves now with more turning us into white dust. "Hey, look at the bright side Kusuke, you'll be a great student, as the smartest person in the world." Kusuke tried to lighten the moment with the young children but failed miserably. As we were both in a large hug that lasted only so long until there was nothing left to hug.

"Thank you for helping us," I say as my body if fully dissolved as I see myself rising as pink dust and Kusuke as green. Though they couldn't see us, we could see them. They were crying as they had thought to lost a friend that was never there. "Please!" Kusuo shouted into the air as my sight became blurry. "If I could I would," I say to them as if they heard.

My vision then goes dark, and as I open my eyes again I see myself in my bedroom with Kusuke standing next to me, "Well, that was something!" he piped up as he gave me a hug that I returned. "Yeah, it was." as one last tear went down my face and hit the floor.