Chapter 4: Messages

1.3k reads already? You guys really missed Stigma 😂 Thank you!

Sit back, relax, this is going to be a long read.

Thursday - 7:22 am

I wake up by my phone ringing, I pick it up and placed it against my ear.

"Hello?" My voice was hoarse.

"Good morning hun, did I wake you up?" Mark's voice was clear and cheery.

"Yeah," I said my eyes still closed, "good morning," I greeted back and he laughed.

"Do you want to keep sleeping?" He asked.

"Very much," I said and he laughed, but his laughter sounded he was here.

"Rise and shine!" Mark burst into the bedroom and turned on the lights. I squinted my eyes as I stared at him, his phone in his hand.

I end the call and lie back down, "Come on hun. It's a new day," I felt Mark sit at the end of the bed.

"If you dare take my blanket off, I'll kick you," I said bringing my blanket over my head, the ceiling light too bright and irritating.

"Then, I'll join you in bed," he said and I felt his body lying beside me, my back against him. He wrapped his arm around me and I stayed still.

"Let me sleep," I brought the blanket off my head and turned around to glare at him. He had a smile on his face and it made it harder for me to keep glaring, I turned back around, "Go away."

He laughed and snuggled his head on the crook of my neck, "I'll see you later at lunch, okay?" He kissed my cheek and I felt colder as he left.

I heard the lights being switched and the room was dark again. I could sleep for a little more.

11:21 am

My phone was ringing again and I decided to ignore it. A moment, just a moment it was silent until it started ringing again.

I groan and sat straight, glaring at my phone.

Caller ID: lucas bieber

I answer the call a little too harshly than planned, "What do you want?" I asked and I heard Lucas laugh.

"Mark warned me about your crankiness. Anyway, we're eating at 1 for lunch," he said and I pulled the phone away to look at the time.

11:22

I brought the phone against my ear, "1?!" I swung my legs to the edge of the bed.

"Mhmm, Mark's just finishing up with an interview. He told me to call you up," I wore my slippers and turned the light on in the bedroom, "you seriously just woke up from the call?"