Chapter 55: Rivals

I kinda missed writing in a different POV 🥴 SO HERE YA GO 🤩

Enjoy reading! x

-

Mark's POV - Tuesday - 10:32 am

I was sitting in front of a vanity mirror. I stared down at my phone. Should I text her?

There were stupid articles about our picnic yesterday. Thankfully none of them got a clear picture of Min Jee, but I definitely heard an earful from my managers yesterday.

"It's okay, things will be okay!" Yuta-hyung said placing his hands over my shoulders. I looked at him through the mirror, "Don't worry about her too much," he said squeezing my shoulders a bit and then walked towards the set.

He's right. I shouldn't worry, Jen and I were good yesterday. All she asked was space to process and figure things out. There is nothing I should worry about.

"Bro!" I turn to my right and saw a grinning Lucas walking towards me.

"Hey," I said as he hugged me while I stayed on my chair, "what brings you here?" I asked as he pulled away.

"Jungwoo-hyung," he said as he took a sit next to me, "we're hanging out later and I don't have anything to do, so I thought I'd drop by," he said as he played around with the makeup brushes on the table in front of him, "how was your picnic with Minnie yesterday?" He said as he laid back in his sit and looked at me.

"It was good," I said as I stared back at my phone.

She said she needed space. But why do I feel like the more space I give, the farther she is from me? I gave her space and she ended up in Jeju. She lost her memories in the process. We were making progress as friends and it vanished. I was back to square one.

"Any memories?" He asked and I shook my head, "Hey, we're cool right?" I took in a deep breath and looked at him.

"Lucas, I think this goes without saying, but I love Min Jee. Am I fine with you having feelings? I'm not. Because I love her I always have and I always will. You're my best bro, no doubt about it. But when it comes to her, we can't be cool," I finally admitted out loud. The fact we were in some sort of competition to win her heart has been bothering me since he told me he had feelings.

I did my best to manage my feelings, but I love her and I'm not going to let go of her so easily. If she chooses Lucas when I did all I could, then fine. But I'm not done fighting yet, I still have a chance with her and I'm not going to waste it.

"You finally said it, huh," Lucas let out a chuckle, "I guess we're rivals," he said as I stared at my phone.

Should I text her?

Maybe I should text Betty and ask her if Min Jee read the articles.

10:39 am

Me: hey betty. did min jee read the articles?

"Mark! We're starting!" Our stage manager said and I got off my sit.

"See you later," I told Lucas as I placed phone down on the vanity table.

"Fighting!" He said and I smiled at him.

I jogged over to the set and stood  between Yuta-hyung and Johnny-hyung.

12:10 pm

"Cut! Take five everyone!" Our music video director said and we were all panting.

"Good job Mark," Taeyong-hyung patted my back as he walked past me. He walked towards the snack table.