Chapter 21: Nightmare

Monday - 7:45 am chicago / Tuesday - 9:45 pm sk

"Jen," I felt myself being shaken.

"Mhmm?" I slowly open my eyes and I looked at my surroundings.

"We're here," Betty said and there were people standing up from their chairs.

Right, I'm on an airplane. I must've slept the whole flight.

"Do you feel nauseous?" She asked and I shook my head, "Here drink water," she hand me a cup.

"Thanks," I said taking it from her and taking a sip.

"You better finish that, it would be a waste," she said and I finished it. "Good, now are you all set?" She asked standing up from her sit.

I looked around and all my things were accounted for, "Yeah."

"Great! I'll text Johnny we're here," Betty said and I nodded.

I didn't feel quite air sick, but the air pockets were annoying me. I tried to yawn to get rid of them and it slightly worked, but my ears still felt off.

"I got our carry-on," Betty smiled as she handed me my carry-on.

"Thanks, did you get to sleep?" I asked her as I pulled the handle out of my carry-on and walked out into the narrow aisle.

Everyone on the plane was lined up to head out. No matter how often I fly, I could never get used to being on a plane. It was exhausting.

"Nah, I ended up watching Black Widow," she said and I laughed.

"How many times?" I asked as the line started moving.

"Two and half times, when I was about to watch it for the third time I got bored mid-way," I watch Betty shrug, her shoulders quickly going up and down as she walked ahead.

I didn't know how Betty could repeat movies consecutively, just one of the wonders of Betty Donavan.

We got off the plane and headed to baggage claim.

"I'm so glad we didn't do an early check-in our bags would take forever to come out if we did," Betty said as we walked to get a cart.

I was a little confused with her statement. Because we did do an early check-in, or was I remembering things wrong? Maybe the air sickness was delayed, and I'm feeling it now.

"You okay?" Betty put her hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah," I forced a smile, "just a delayed reaction from being on a plane I guess," I shrugged.

We walked towards the conveyor belt and there were boxes and bags going around. And Betty was right, we didn't have to wait long to get out baggages.

As we were heading out, my head ached for a moment, "Woah," I said feeling dizzy.

"Jen?" I looked at Betty and my vision was getting hazy. "Jen!" And everything blacked out.

Monday - 9:22 am chicago / Tuesday - 11:22 pm sk

"Will she wake up anytime soon?" I heard voices, but they were faint.