Chapter 79: Strawberry

Sunday - 9:12 am

A week went by and the boys visited whenever Johnny wasn't home. However, there was one situation when Johnny arrived, whilst Jeno and Renjun were about to leave. They had to get out of the house from the backyard. Renjun ended up leaving his phone because he was in a rush and now it was in room. He was going to try and get it later today, but Johnny only had two things on his schedules and they were hours apart.

When Jaemin and Jisung came over, I was completely anxious and nervous. Johnny was clear about not allowing guests over and he even told the boys. I was especially worried because Jaemin ended up napping on my bed and if he had woken up 15 minutes later, we both would be dead because Johnny arrived.

So far I haven't been caught, and I don't plan to get caught any time soon. But, I can't help but think of how Johnny always finds things out. Even when I'm being very careful, he just knows. I honestly think it's an older sibling power, because Betty also finds out what her younger siblings hide from her.

I was currently sat down by the swimming pool with only my left leg in the water. I really want to go swimming. The water was cold, but as long I kept moving it back and forth it was refreshing.

After this month I won't be grounded and my cast will be taken off. I'm absolutely so excited!

"Jen," I look up to see Johnny holding packs of strawberry popcorn packs, "did you go outside?" I panic inside realizing I forgot to hid one of the snacks Jae-oppa got me.

Ever since last Monday Jae-oppa has been delivering strawberry snacks for me. He brought actual strawberries - and I told Johnny I ordered them online - and then there were strawberry flavored snacks: gummies, ice cream, chips, chocolate, milk and many more. I'd hide the ones that didn't require being in the refrigerator in my bedroom, because Johnny isn't the type to invade my privacy. The ones that need to be in the refrigerator, I'd convince Johnny that I ordered them and he believed me. However, last night Jae-oppa came by around 1 am - for who knows what reason - and thankfully I had my phone with me at the time, because Johnny came home at 9. Johnny was asleep when Jae-oppa came by and so I didn't get caught. Jae-oppa simply delivered strawberry popcorn packs, which I remember placing down on the kitchen counter last night, because I wanted to get a glass of water.

"I ordered them," I quickly responded and I ended up stopping my leg from moving. So it started getting called, "Ah, ah, ah," I whine as I quickly bring my leg out.

"Careful, you might fall in," Johnny said and I nodded as I grabbed my crutches and hopped up. The cold air wraps around my leg and I start to shiver. I sit down on our sun bed and grabbed a towel to wipe my leg down. "When did you order them? Because I didn't see them when I arrived home," I glance at him to see him with his eyebrow raised.

"A few days ago. I completely forgot I brought it out this morning and placed it on the counter," keep your cool Jen, he doesn't need to find out, "I wanted to pop some and eat while we watch a movie."

"So you're telling me, you've been buying strawberries this whole week?" He crossed his arms over his shoulders his hands still holding onto the packs. I nodded my head and smiled.

"I love strawberries!" I grinned and chuckled. Goodness, that sounded so forced.

"So it's purely coincidental that Jaehyun was munching on strawberry popcorn, yesterday?" He raised his eyebrow. Jae-oppa is going to get me killed.

"It's not like I'm the only one who loves strawberry popcorn," stay calm, don't break under pressure.

"Right, right," Johnny nodded and then walked back inside the house. I took in a deep breath and gazed at the swimming pool.