Chapter 72: Intervention

90k reads!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Thank you so much for supporting my work! You are so amazing! You all deserve baked sweets!

Enjoy reading! x

-

Sunday - 8:32 am sk / Saturday - 4:32 pm chicago

"Tea! Tea! Tea!" Betty chanted the moment I answered her FaceTime.

"Give me a moment, I have an itch," I said as I was looking around my room. I was looking for something that would fit in my cast.

"Just ignore it," Betty said and I glanced at her. She was drinking boba, "It will go away," she shrugged.

"I wish the whole cast went away," I said and adjusted my phone on the mini tripod that stood on my desk.

"One more month right?" Betty asked and I nodded. I grabbed a nearby hair tie and tied my hair into a bun. "Have you eaten breakfast?" She asked as I adjusted the way I was sat down on the swivel chair.

"Yup, did you eat lunch?" I asked and she nodded, "How was your first week of classes?" I asked as I leaned on my right palm.

"The first two days were orientation and then regular classes for the next. In English class a school year project was introduced and -"

"- let me guess you started on it already?" I teased and she laughed, "Nerd!" I chuckled.

"Enough about me," she shook her head and grabbed her phone. She moved from her desk to her bed, "Tell me everything!"

"Well ..." I trailed off as I played with a fidget spinner that was on my desk, "I got to talk to Mark recently," I said keeping my attention on the fidget spinner, "I told him that he shouldn't lose his friendship with Lucas just for me," Betty hummed and nodded, "I don't really know what he'll do with that information. But I hope they work things out," I sighed.

"What about Lucas? Have you talked to him?" Betty asked as she moved around on her bed, "How is he?"

"I haven't talked to him. But based on what Xiao Jun reported - yes he's a snitch - apparently he's pouring his time in practicing. He's even been taking his English classes more seriously," I chuckled remembering the video clip Junnie sent me, "but other than that, I don't really know anything," I shrugged and grabbed my fidget cube.

"I need more tea! What about Jae-oppa? Anything going on there?" I shook my head and she glared at me.

"What? Jae-oppa is literally just that, an oppa. I don't see him like that! You and your Minjae fantasies," I shivered and she sighed, "stop being delulu," I chuckled and she glared at me.

"It's not being "delulu,"" she put air quotes, "I'm simply looking at other options. Since you see everyone below 1999 as babies, everyone above are possible candidates excluding Winwin of course," she blushed, "ANYWAY! What's wrong with Jae-oppa? He's kind, incredibly handsome, and more mature than Mark and Lucas combined. He'll treat you right and he wouldn't hesitate to do anything for you," Betty said and pretended to drop an imaginary mic.

"Nope," I shook my head and grabbed a stress ball, "the last thing on my mind is dating. I need to focus on myself," I said as I threw the ball up and caught it.