Chapter 85: List

*trigger warning: kidnap // nightmare*

-

Thursday - 6:12 am

I had one month to buy Christmas gifts for everyone. I decided to wake up earlier today to research and make a list of things I'll buy.

"Why are you up so early?" Johnny walked into the living room in a white shirt and grey pajamas.

"Christmas list," I said typing on my laptop and then took a sip of my black tea.

"Is it November 25, already?" Johnny asked as I continued to type on my computer. I was listing down the names of people, "Oh it is," I gaze up at Johnny to see him looking down at his phone. He continued to walk into the kitchen, "Who are you planning to give gifts to this year?" He asked and I heard the faint sound of the refrigerator being opened, "Did you buy groceries?"

"Our family, Betty, some of my friends in uni and the boys," I said as I typed in Jess, Damon, and Lee's name, "and yeah, I bought groceries yesterday. Don't worry I had them delivered I didn't carry anything heavy."

"Did you get the coffee, that I always buy?" Johnny asked, "Also, did you just say the boys? Referring to my members? 20 of them?"

"Yes, it's in the cupboard," I said and I started typing down the members' names, starting from Tae-oppa. "And yes, all 20 members, why?" I asked as I paused at Taeil's name. Excluding Johnny, who comes next in the sequence? Yuta!

"Found it, thanks," Johnny said as I heard the cupboard being opened and closed, "don't you think it's too much to get all 20 members gifts?" I was typing Doyoung, Ten and Jaehyun's names.

"I don't think so," I said and wiggled my fingers, "it's Christmas! It's the time of giving!" I exclaimed and proceeded to type in Winwin, Jungwoo, Lucas and Mark's name.

"Aren't you already making each of them scarves of their favorite colors? That's honestly more than enough Jen," Johnny said walking into the living room, "besides it's understandable if you don't get them all a present, even I don't do that and I'm their member," Johnny said as he sat down opposite of me with a mug of coffee.

"I'm buying something extra, because the scarves aren't the best. It's my first time knitting. I need to at least buy something they will actually like," I said as I typed in Xiao Jun, Hendery, Renjun and Jeno's names.

"Why don't you focus on those you're just close to?" I glance up at Johnny and he was swirling his coffee around, "The others will understand," I look back at my screen.

"They all bought me presents for my birthday despite how close we are, and I haven't been able to properly thank them for being there for me," I typed in Haechan, Jaemin, and Yangyang's names, "it's true I'm closer to the others, but it doesn't mean I don't care about the others any less," I typed in Chenle and Jisung's names, "done."

"How are you going to pay for everything? I doubt Mom and Dad gave you that big of allowance to spend on 20 people," Johnny said as I skimmed through the list making sure I got everyone, "I'm definitely not giving you money either," he shook his head and took a sip of coffee. I should add Nia and Mei. I wonder what would they like.

"I have money," I typed in Nia and Mei's names, "remember those photoshoot gigs I did? I earned quite a lot from those and I have plenty from my savings. You, Mom and Dad, always do the spending. When it comes to clothes, I have plenty from just you alone, so I don't shop as much. Mom and Dad always insist on paying for my travels, but that's because they want to know where I'm going. I had a full scholarship - past tense for obvious reasons - so I was studying for free. I honestly don't spend much, unless I'm going out with someone younger and I do pay for it. But, I haven't gone out much. The only time I spent so much was when we bought drinks and we split that," I explained and I scanned through the list again.