Chapter 65: Hindrance

*trigger warning*

-

Sunday - 7:12 am

Johnny and I were sat at the dining table eating breakfast. We haven't talked since last night when he kicked Mark out.

I forced myself to focus on the eggs and bacon he cooked, instead of the series of events that happened. But I couldn't erase the image of him fuming at Mark in my bedroom.

"Stay away from her!"

The only thing filling up the silence were the utensils hitting the ceramic plates. I was growing anxious and nervous. Why did he react like that?

"Stop staring and just eat your meal," Johnny's tone was cold as he was looking at his phone on one hand and the other hand was holding a spoon. I gazed away not realizing I was staring at him.

Why is he so mad?

I was starting to lose my appetite but I knew that not eating would only anger him more.

I grab the glass of apple juice and took a sip, "I have a meeting at 9, but I'll come back afterwards," Johnny said and I looked up to him. His plate was already empty, how did he eat so fast?

"Okay," I gazed back at my plate and took a spoonful of rice and egg.

"You're not allowed to see Mark," Johnny said and I turned to look at him. He was drinking his cup of coffee, "If he comes by, don't let him in."

I swallowed the food in my mouth and drank apple juice, "Why are you upset with him?" I finally voiced out and he narrowed his eyes at me. It would be a lie to say I wasn't a terrified.

"I'm surprised you're not as upset as I am. He put you through so much pain, how could you easily forgive him?" Johnny shook his head and took a sip of his coffee, "If you say something stupid like you love him. Then don't even speak," I was wounded by his words.

"How could you speak like that? Mark's your member, you guys are like brothers!" I said and he sighed as he placed his cup down.

"And you're my sister," it seemed so weird hearing him say it in such a serious tone, "your well-being comes first. I don't care what Mark promised you, enough is enough. Jen, do yourself a favor and move on," he stood up with his plate and walked towards the kitchen.

The food on my plate completely lost it's appeal as tears welled up in my eyes. How could he so cold and harsh? I thought he would be happy.

He came back and I quickly wiped my tears with the sleeves of my hoodie. I forced a spoonful of rice and bacon in my mouth.

"I only want what's best for you," he said and he stood next to me. He planted a kiss on my head, "Mark is not the only person who loves you," I then heard his footsteps walk away, probably heading to his bedroom.

I cried in silent as I did my best to finish the meal he prepared. Just because I'm sad, doesn't mean I should waste food.

Ding.

7:19 am

I quickly bring out my phone from the pouch of my hoodie.

*MarkedMyHeart sent you a message*

I smile at the contact name, I'm glad I never changed it.

MarkedMyHeart: good morning! i'm sorry with what happened last night. i hope you and johnny are okay. i'll try to find the time to talk to him. i hope you slept well ❤️