Chapter 34: Surrender

Please read the author's note at the end!

-

Jenny's POV - Monday - 12:12 pm

For the past three days, I've been trying to compose and prepare myself to talk to Mark. I had to get things over with. The issues between me and Mark, were also affecting the group and I didn't want that.

They should not need to worry about what was going on. They should be able to practice together, without wondering why Mark and Jaehyun were being avoided by Johnny. It was causing disharmony. Things needed to be settled and today was the day.

"Are you sure you want to talk to him today?" Betty asked as she put on her denim jacket.

I tied up my hair into a loose ponytail, "It's gone long enough, and I'm not talking to him alone," I said and checked my hair in the mirror. I looked decent.

"But what's the end goal?" Betty asked as we both put on our shoes by the door.

My eyes were on my shoelaces as I thought about her question, "I just want to solve everything," I said finishing my left shoelace and then finished my right.

I stand up and Betty was adjusting her shoulder bag, "Do you think one talk will settle everything?" She opened the door as I secured my bag strap across my body.

"I'm hoping it does," I shrugged as I walked out first and she followed suit, "I'm nervous, I'm scared and I'm terrified," I said as I walked backwards, "but, I can't avoid from my problems forever," I turn and walk beside her towards the elevators.

"I'll be right here," Betty looped her arm around mine and it reassured me.

One step at a time.

12:45 pm

We were all gathered in Johnny's apartment. They had to leave in an hour, but no one has spoken a word. We were all sitting in the living room. Betty and Johnny sat on each of my sides on the three seater sofa, while Jaehyun and Mark took a single seater on opposite sides.

I turn to Johnny and whispered, "Why is Jae-oppa here?" I glance at Jaehyun for a moment and then stared at the floor.

"Mark invited him," Johnny whispered back and I nodded as re-positioned myself.

I looked at my hands and from the corner of my eyes I see Mark's leg shaking up and down slightly. He was tensed, I was tensed, everyone was.

I must be delusional, to think of this, but it gives him and me to talk without the pressure of everyone else listening too. I hope I don't regret this.

I stand up from my seat, "Jen, what are you doing?" Johnny asked and I turned to look at him.

"Trust me," I give him a small smile.

"Mark, let's talk in Johnny's room," I said and I could feel everyone was surprised at what I said.

Mark looked at Jaehyun, and Jaehyun nodded back at Mark.

I took a step forward and Betty held my hand and I turned to look at her, "I'll be okay," I squeezed her hand and she let me go.

Mark and I make our way to Johnny's, "Go ahead," I said stopping in my tracks to walk back to the living room.

If I didn't say this sooner, I'm definitely going to regret it.

"Jae-oppa," I call his attention and he seemed surprised, "I forgive you," I smiled at him and then turned back to go to Johnny's bedroom.