Chapter 63: Distractions

Before you read, I HAVE A QUESTION!

What do you think of another book once this ends? (Another sequel)

And possibly exploring the idea of Min Jee with Jaehyun? 🧐

IT'S JUST A THOUGHT THAT POPPED INTO MY HEAD 🤧

Enjoy reading!

-

Monday - 9:12 am

Distractions, I needed distractions. Johnny and I ate breakfast together before he left for his schedules. I was in the living room staring blankly at the TV. There was a commercial for plastic surgery.

There was nothing on that I wanted to watch. Nothing interested me. I turned the TV off. My laptop and phone were on the coffee table. I stared at the laptop remembering Mark's birthday gift. After closing my laptop yesterday, I didn't resume watching the video again. It hurt too much to see him so cheery, and remember he wasn't like that in real life.

Yesterday was absolutely terrible. If it wasn't for the other members keeping my mind of Mark, I would've cried the whole time. But now I was alone again and there is no one to talk to distract my mind from my thoughts of Mark.

Simply thinking about him made my chest tighten, "Why is he like that?" I stared at my laptop, the images of the video fresh in my mind. How could he pull a complete 180?

I shake my head and grabbed my phone. What time is it in Chicago? It's 5:17 pm on a Sunday.

Johnny was able to retrieve my sim card from my old phone and my contacts were uploaded into the cloud, so everything on my old phone was accessible in my new phone. It's the old text messages that weren't, which isn't so bad.

I've been waiting to talk to Betty. I quickly send her a text.

Monday - 9:18 am sk / Sunday - 5:18 pm chicago

Me: HEY! I GOT A NEW PHONE!!! I've missed you so much 😩

betty bestie: OMG! YOU GOT YOUR NEW PHONE! JOHNNY TOLD ME HE WAS GETTING YOU ONE AAAAAAAA I WAS ABOUT TO MESSAGE YOU! but i wasn't sure you'd get my text! hOW ARE YOUUUUUU

Me: honestly i'm miserable 🥺 idk what johnny has told you, but a lot has happened ☹️

betty bestie: he hasn't told me much, just updates about you being home and when your next checkup is. i can only imagine what you've been through! i've been texting mark but he doesn't reply back 😠 is he related to you being miserable? because i'm going to go on the latest flight and kick his ass 👿

Me: yes he is 😩😩😩 he's so ugh, i can't even begin!

betty bestie: let me get airpods and we'll facetime

Me: okay

I locked my phone and stared back at the laptop. I bring my gaze away and laid back on the couch. My eyes were on the ceiling.

Why did he come yesterday? I knew I wanted him there, but if he really didn't want to be in my life, why come?

My phone started ringing, Betty was requesting to FaceTime. I accept it and grabbed a pillow to place on my lap.

"JEN!" She exclaimed and I break into a smile, "You're alive!" I giggled at her remark.

"I am," I smiled feeling happy that I was, "Did you move into your dorm?" I asked as I looked around her background.