Chapter 22: Arrival

Wow. 25k reads? You guys are the best! Thank you for giving my book so much love and I truly love that you guys answer my questions at the end of each chapter. Thank you! You are all so wonderful!

Enjoy reading! x

-

Wednesday - 7:57 am sk

We were inside Johnny's car and I kept quiet while Betty and Johnny caught up with each other.

"There's a neck pillow there, maybe you'd like to use it," Johnny said and I look to my right and there was a light blue neck pillow. I grabbed it and put it around my neck.

"Thanks," I said adjusting it and closing my eyes.

I heard them talk in the front seats, but I wasn't focused enough to hear them clearly. I was too tired from the flight. I couldn't go back to sleep after the nightmare. I decided to watch movies and play games on my phone. Which only gave me a headache, it was the worst flight I ever had.

"Jen," Johnny called out to me and I kept my eyes closed.

"Mhmm?" I hummed my mind blank.

"I told him not to, but he was really stubborn. Mark is waiting for you in the apartment," I open my eyes and look at Johnny through the rearview mirror.

"Why?" He looked at me and then glanced at Betty.

I turn my head to look at Betty she was diagonal from me, "You knew?"

"Sort of?" Betty said turning her body around to face me, "Look, we could go straight to hotel if you don't want to see him so soon."

I stared at Betty for a while and then closed my eyes. I adjusted how I was seated until I was in a more comfortable position.

They were both quiet, giving me time to think.

Mark was waiting in Johnny's apartment for me. Betty and I could go straight to the hotel instead.

But the original plan is to eat breakfast at Johnny's and then go to the hotel to check in, because checking in was at 11 am. Even if we went there now, we would have to wait at the lobby.

If I didn't see Mark today, he'd try to see me on other days. It's hilarious to think that a break up would get him to see me more often. Maybe I should've broken up with him sooner if that caught his attention.

He was at the apartment because he didn't want to completely shock me by being in the airport, I know that for sure. But, should I really meet up with him so soon?

"This doesn't have to be the alone time talk right?" I asked towards Betty keeping my eyes closed. My head was still a little dizzy from the flight.

"Yeah, definitely. I wasn't planning on leaving you with him so soon," Betty answered and I nodded.

I opened my eyes and looked out the window, "Okay," I said imagining Mark's face, "we'll go see him."

8:31 am

We were outside of Johnny's apartment door. Johnny and Betty were ahead of me, while I stayed farther away from the door. Could I really see Mark? What if I cry the moment I see him?

"Breathe," Betty said putting her hands on my shoulders, "Johnny, you go in first," Betty said and Johnny went in.

I heard a faint voice ask, once Johnny opened the door, "Is she here?" Undoubtedly that was Mark.