Chapter 58: Skate

I WAS ITCHING TO WRITE THIS CHAPTER. PUT ON YOUR SEATBELTS FOLKS, WE'RE GOING ON A RIDE OF EMOTIONS!

Disclaimer: I'm not an ice skating expert. I watched a tiktok video by Coach Michelle Hong and used the information she explained there for this chapter. I also don't live in South Korea and I'm not that knowledgable about their geographic, so although the street names mentioned are real, they have been used fictionally for the story.

Enjoy reading!

-

Lucas' POV - Tuesday - 9:12 am

"Johnny, everything will be okay," I said trying to convince to him to say yes. "She will be wearing a helmet, elbow and knee pads," I said as he stopped walking. We were standing in front of the coffee machine. We were in our break room.

"I really can't risk it Lucas, not now. She's been fine for the past month, we can't risk anything now," Johnny said as he pressed the buttons on the coffee machine. He grabbed a mug and placed it under the dispenser. He turned to look at me, "I'm grateful that you're taking the time to spend with her. But I seriously can't risk her head being harmed in any way," he explained as liquid poured into the mug.

"Betty is going home and that leaves Jen all alone," I said as Johnny turned to look at the mug being filled up. "I've been reading a lot and basically everything makes me think Jen could end up depressed. You, better than anyone knows what she went through. Jen's fine now, but with Betty going home on Thursday. I don't want her to feel lonely," I explained and Johnny stared at the mug as the last few drops poured in. He grabbed it and walk towards an array of sugars and teas.

"You'll be by her side the whole time?" Johnny asked as he opened two sachets of brown sugar and poured it into his mug.

"Absolutely, she'll be so annoyed by my clinginess that she'll beg me to give her space," I said and Johnny gave me a wary look, "of course I'll touch her in the appropriate places -" Johnny raised his eyebrow, "- I'll be in her reach in case she needs me. The most physical contact will be holding her hand," Johnny nodded and looked back at his mug. He stirred his coffee and I waited for him to give me a definite answer.

He walked across the room and sat down by a round table. He took a sip of his coffee as I sat down opposite of him.

"When do you plan to bring her out?" Johnny asked as he looked up at me.

"Friday, a day after Betty's flight," I said and Johnny nodded. He blew on his coffee and drank. Did he have a high heat tolerance or pain tolerance?

"What time?" He asked and placed the mug down. He clasped his hands around the mug.

"3 in the afternoon and I'll have her home by 7," I said and he hummed, "I'll also text you before picking her up, when I picked her up, when we arrived at the skate rink, when we leave the skate rink, when we go home, and when we arrive home," I said in one breath and it felt harder than my rap lines.

"Looks like you've answered all my questions," Johnny smiled, "now what happens if she gets a headache?" He raised his eyebrow.

"I'll make sure to check how she is, and never settle for the first answer," I recited remembering the first time few times I asked Johnny's permission to bring Min Jee out. I've practically remembered Johnny's terms and conditions by heart. Frankly, the only terms and conditions I knew by heart.