Chapter 78: Memory

Jenny's POV - Tuesday - unknown time

The boys laughter filled my ears and I continue to eat strips of beef. I knew I was already drunk, but I didn't care. I was having fun.

I looked at Mark - who was talking to Hendery - and an idea came to my mind.

"Mark," I pat his shoulder and he turns to look at me, "staring contest, okay?"

"Okay!" He smiled.

"All right, we close our eyes and then I'll count to three and then you open," I explained and he nodded.

"Close," I said as I closed my eyes, "1," I started to count, "2," I heard Mark take a deep breath, "3!"

We open our eyes and locked gazes. His eyes were so pretty. I start to make funny faces to make him laugh and lose. But he just smiled and kept staring at me. His eyes are so mesmerizing.

"Oooooh," I heard the boys cooed. "Kiss! Kisss! Kiss!" Should I kiss Mark? Will he kiss me? "Minmin! Minmin! Minmin!" Is that Lucas chanting? Focus Min Jee, you need to win. I continued to stare at Mark.

"Kiss!" Mark suddenly pecked my lips and he move away.

"I'm sorry -"

I pecked his lips and then smiled.

8:12 am

"What?" I sat up straight and touched my lips. Was that a dream or a memory?

I turn on my bedside table lamp and search for my phone. My phone was nowhere in sight. Right, Johnny has my phone.

I sighed and looked up at my wall clock. It was 8:13 in the morning. Has Johnny left already? I gazed at the wall clock thinking about his schedule today.

Knock. Knock.

"Come in," I answered.

"Good you're awake," Johnny said opening my bedroom door, "get up, I prepared eggs and bacon for breakfast."

"Okay," I nodded my head and pulled the covers of my body. I grabbed my crutches and stood up. "Can I have my phone?" I asked him as we both made our way to the living room.

"After breakfast," he said and I sighed.

I need to ask Mark if what happened in my dream was real. But if it was real, why didn't Mark tell me? Did he purposely leave that out? Why would he though?

"How was your appointment yesterday? I'm sorry we didn't talk yesterday. I got home at 12 in the morning," Johnny said as we sat down on the dining table.

"It was okay. I talked about why I got drunk and they told me I should express myself when my memories are triggered, than suppress them," I adjusted myself to sit comfortably, "other than that they just listened to whatever I had to say for an hour."

"Care to share what you did talk about?" Johnny asked as he placed a piece of bacon on my plate.

I told Dr. Choi how I feel I'm a burden to you and that I feel like a failure at my age. I feel I should've accomplished something big already, but here I am feeling like I'm withering away as time passes me by.