Chapter 10: Apartment

I KNOW THIS HAS BEEN LONG OVERDUE AND I AM SORRY! But I hope you enjoy!

-

Tuesday - 1:41 pm

Mark can't spend time with me today, again. Three days have went by and I haven't seen him. What is he doing? What project causes him to barely be home? We don't even get to talk.

"Stop," Jae-oppa nudges me.

"Huh?" I blink and look at Jaehyun who was sat on my left.

"You were spacing out again," he said and I turn back to look at the movie playing on the TV. What were we watching again?

"Oh," I said as I saw Lee Minho's face on the screen, "did I miss anything?" I turn to look at Jaehyun and he smiles.

"Do you want to do something else?" He raises his eyebrow and I shook my head.

I stared at the TV, not really following what was happening. What was Lee Minho's character name? What was the story plot? What was going on?

Everything was confusing.

"Oppa," I turned to look at him and he paused the movie.

"Mhm?" He gave me a closed smile.

"May we do some -"

"Board game?" I shook my head, "Ice cream?" I stared at him for a moment and shook my head again, "Wow, okay. Uhm, do you have something in mind?" He asked as he started to chow down strawberry popcorn.

Did I? I didn't really want to do anything, all I wanted was to do stuff with a specific person. It didn't matter what I wanted to do, as long it was with Mark. I could be contented with literally just sitting next to him.

"Jee-ya?" Jae-oppa waved his hand in front of my face.

"Sorry, I don't," I said and he nodded his head.

"Then let's do this, you will say yes to whatever I suggest," I nodded slowly, "Yes?"

"Yes?" I replied back unsure and he laughed.

"Get up," I stared at him.

"Are we starting?" I stare at him and he held out his hand smiling, "I guess so," I hesitantly give him my hand and he pulled me up.

"Get dressed for Lotte World," he said pushing me towards Johnny's room.

"What?" I said being pushed, "Isn't that like a no-go zone for you? A kpop idol?" I said and he kept pushing, "Oppa?" I turned around when he stopped pushing.

"What did I say?" He raised his eyebrow and I sighed.

"If we get mobbed -"

"Just get changed Jee-ya," Jae-oppa said proceeding to his room.

Was I really okay with going to Lotte World? I wasn't.

I walk out the door and see Jae-oppa smiling, "You don't want to?" He raised his eyebrow elbows crossed.

"You played me," I glared at him and he shrugged. He leaned against the wall behind him.

"What do you want to do?" He asked and I gave it more thought.

"Stay inside," I said and he nodded. "And help me learn Seventeen's choreos," I smiled and he shook his head with a smile on his face.

"You know, it's easier for me to teach you NCT choreos," he said and I shrugged, "the things I do for you," he rolled his eyes, "help me move the coffee table," I nodded and followed him out the hall back the living room.

We both crouched down on opposite sides of the coffee table, carrying it on the other side of the room to make space.

"Okay," Jae-oppa clapped his hands together and proceed to stretch his arms. "What do you want to learn?"

I started to stretch as well, "Home?" I asked and he nodded.

"You don't want anything on their new album?" He asked whilst he switched the TV to Youtube.

"Nope," I shook my head as I continued to stretch.

"Alright," he said and searched home dance practice mirrored version.

4:19 pm

"Jee-ya~" Jae-oppa whined as I did the chorus again by myself.

"Idols take breaks you know, come on sit down," he said sitting down on the couch, whilst I continued practicing.

"I want to get this right," I said repeating the chorus again.

"You can't get it in one sitting Jee-ya, let your body rest and we'll do it again after we eat something. What should I order?" He asked when I finished the chorus.

I took in deep breaths and nodded my head, "Okay, I'll rest."

"Good," he patted the empty spot to his right, "what should we order?" He asked taking out his phone as I sat down.

"You choose," I said closing my eyes feeling exhausted.

"You mean that?" Jae-oppa asked and I nodded keeping my eyes shut, "You're not going to say, you wanted something else? If I say pizza, you'll say-"

"Oppa, just choose. It's not one of those times, I promise," I said and I heard him say.

"Okay then," I heard and felt him shift around the couch.

What was Mark doing? Is he doing anything? Is he napping right now? Has he eaten properly? Has he been sleeping properly? Is he sick? Is he well?

"Stop," I felt Jae-oppa poke me and I looked at him. He was still on his phone, placing the order I assume.

"Huh?" I asked and he continued looking down on his phone.

"Stop thinking about Mark, it's rude you know," Jae-oppa said and I stared at him blankly as he continued to just tap away.

"I wasn't-" He looked up giving me the 'oh really' look. "Fine."

"Do you have a preferred drink?" He asked and I shook my head as I stared at the blank TV. You could vaguely see a reflection of me and Jae-oppa.

"Nope," I went back to closing my eyes and leaning my head on the backrest of the couch.

I heard him get off the couch and he was talking to a dude on his phone. Probably the restaurant to make sure they got the order right or something. His voice became distant and I would assume he either went in his room or the kitchen, I don't know.

Mark. The only thing I truly wanted at the moment. Does he feel the same way? Goodness, I'm not going down that hole.

He loves me. He's just busy. But ... He was never ever this busy. No call or text. Nothing. For three days. He'd reply when I sent something, but not enough for me to keep the conversation going. I didn't want to seem annoying with messaging him all the time, so I waited ... and waited ...

I would ask the members, but I feel like it's annoying and pathetic to ask them where my boyfriend is and what he's doing. I honestly feel it would be possessive and clingy. But at the same time, I know it's normal to ask them. And I know they wouldn't think of me like that either. I don't know what to do anymore.

Mark, what's going on?

"Let's get back to practice?" I opened my eyes and saw Jae-oppa stretching.

Distract yourself Jen, "Okay."

"I ordered sushi, are you okay with that?" He asked and I nodded looking towards the TV.

"Hey," he nudged me and I looked at him. "Everything is going to be okay," he smiled and I nodded.

Was everything really going to be okay? Does Jae-oppa know something I don't?

What's going on?