Chapter 47: Coma

THANK YOU FOR 65k READS 😩💖 I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! 🥰❤️

And thank you so much to those who take the time to message me! It absolutely warms my heart, you are sooooo precious to me 🥺💜

Disclaimer: I am not a medical student or in any way knowledgeable about medical terms. All of the medical terms and details used are things I researched online. I may be mistaken with the usage. Everything is strictly fictional.

Enjoy reading! x

-

Johnny's POV - Sunday - 11:23 pm

Betty and I were sat in the waiting room of the ICU. My right leg bounced up and down. Betty was biting her fingernails. We were both anxious.

"Mr. Seo?" A female doctor came out of the ICU. I stood up and walked towards her. "It's listed here your Seo Min Jee's brother, is that correct?" She looked down at her chart. I saw Betty walk towards us in the corner of my eye.

"Yes, that is correct," I glanced at her name tag: Kang Mo Yeon. "Dr. Kang, how's my sister?" I asked. I could feel Betty's anticipation to hear about Jenny's condition beside me.

"Fortunately, the injury to her head did not penetrate the skull," Betty and I sighed in relief. I look towards her and gave her a shoulder hug. "However," Dr. Kang spoke softly, "it seems that the trauma to her head caused a toxic metabolic encephalopathy. This means the chemicals in her head was disrupted. And thus, lead her into a coma."

"C-coma?" Betty spoke up.

"May you give us a moment," I said towards the doctor.

"Of course," she smiled and bowed her head. She walked away from us and I pulled Betty to the side.

"What's going on?" I asked as I placed my hands on her shoulders.

Betty's eyes were on Dr. Kang who was walking towards nurses, "Betty," I said softly and she looked at me. Her eyes were filled with tears.

"S-she's in a c-c-coma b-b-because of me," she looked down and fidgeted with her fingers, "I-I-I shouldn't have -"

I pulled her in for a hug, "Betty, it wasn't your fault," I rubbed her back trying to assure her. "You didn't know this would happen," she kept sobbing and it was pulling on my heart. I couldn't imagine what she was going through. But I understand her guilt.

Taking a deep breath I pulled away, "I need to talk to the doctor, can I leave you by yourself?" I asked as I lead her to sit down.

She nodded her head as she continued to cry. I saw that she was trying to compose herself, and I wanted to be there for her. But I needed to know about Jenny's condition.

Taking one glance at Betty, I walked towards Dr. Kang, "Dr. Kang," I called her attention while she was faced with nurses.

"Excuse me," she said towards the nurses and faced me. She had a small smile on her face. "Mr. Seo, shall we continue?" She asked and I nodded. "Regarding your sister's condition, her state of coma is mild and she will definitely wake up. Approximately within the week," I nodded as I listened to her explain, "however, once she wakes up she may have symptoms of memory loss, small personality changes or increased irritability," I stared at the doctor blankly. I felt my head was about to explode from the information, "The affects of toxic metabolic encephalopathy are reversible when treated properly. Our facilities here are capable of meeting the needs of your sister's condition. But I advise that she's moved to Seoul National University Hospital for better observation and care," she said and I nodded.