Chapter 81: Removal

I KNOW I SAID VOTING WILL END ONCE I UPDATE. BUT I JUST REALLY WANTED TO UPDATE. VOTING WILL END ON DECEMBER 20! SO MESSAGE ME EITHER, MINMIN, YUKMIN, OR MINJAE FOR THE SHIP YOU WANT TO BE ENDGAME. READ THE PREVIOUS AUTHOR'S NOTE ABOUT THE RULES AND MECHANICS TO MAKE SURE YOUR VOTE IS VALID.

Enjoy reading! x

-

Mark's POV - Friday - 10:01 pm

Lucas arrived 5 minutes ago and he was in his bedroom. I was pacing back and forth in front of his bedroom.

"Just talk to him already," Xiao Jun whispered as he was leaning on his bedroom door.

"I will, I will," I said as I took a deep breath and I raised my hand to knock on the door, but I dropped my hand to my side, "could you?" I turn to look at Xiao Jun and he sighed. He walked towards me and stood in front of the Lucas' door.

"Are you ready?" He asked as he raised his fist towards the door. Mark, you need to do this, for Min Jee. I take a deep breath and nodded.

Knock. Knock.

"Good luck," Xiao Jun patted my shoulder and walked into his bedroom. It was nice of him to help me, considering he was against me talking to Lucas in the first place.

"Come in," I heard Lucas say. I grabbed the door handle and pushed it open.

Lucas was sat on his bed while lifting weights. Two black dumbbells for each of his arms.

"What's up Mark?" Lucas glanced up at me and then looked back at his dumbbells.

"How was your lunch date with Min Jee?" I didn't have time to beat around the bush.

"It was you, wasn't it?" He placed the dumbbells down and I felt nervous as he looked at me blankly.

"What do you mean?" I chuckled and he sighed.

"Mark, let's cut the crap. You told Min Jee to leave, didn't you?" He walked over to his closet and took of his t-shirt.

"So what if I did," I said. He grabbed a tank top from his closet and wore it.

"Who told you?" He asked as he lied down on his bed and threw a stress ball in the air.

"I overheard your conversation," I said referring to the one he had with Hendery this morning during breakfast, "I didn't think you were serious, not until Johnny told me you were going out with Min Jee."

"I don't get you Mark," Lucas continued to throw and catch the stress ball, "I was going to let her go, why interfere?" He shook his head.

"Because I made that stupid mistake, and I thought you'd be smarter to not copy it," I said and he stopped throwing the stress ball. He kept his gaze on his ceiling, "I don't know what happened to you. But letting her go is not the answer," I said and he closed his eyes.

"It's different," he said his eyes still closed.

"What do you mean?" I asked and he sighed. He sat criss-cross on and then looked at me.