Chapter 86: Scarves

Jenny's POV - Friday - 9:12 pm

I wake up and I was in my bed. But, I don't remember going to bed last night. I look down at my clothes and I was still wearing the clothes I wore last night. I get out bed and and wore my slippers as I walked out.

"I really wish I was Doyoung-hyung or Taeyong-hyung, or anyone who could cook," Is that Mark? I rubbed my eyes as I walked into the living room. I heard sizzling sounds coming from the kitchen and I continue to walk.

"Mark?" I blink my eyes a few times. He was wearing the same clothes as yesterday as well.

"Oh, you're awake. I thought you'd asleep longer," he said glancing at me with a smile, "good morning," he said and I walked closer to him. His was cooking eggs.

"Good morning," I said softly and saw the eggs he already cooked. They were sunny side eggs, but they were scrambled. After all these years he still sucks at cooking, it amazes me. I let out a chuckle. "Careful now, we wouldn't want SM's ace burning themselves," I said as I walked towards the cupboard to get a glass.

"The oil actually splattered on me earlier," he said as I walked to the water dispenser, "but I'm fine."

I leaned on a counter as I watched Mark and I drank water, "You really didn't have to stay and cook breakfast," I said and he placed another egg on the serving plate with eggs, "I think that's enough eggs," I said before he could crack another one.

"Really?" He asked glancing at me and I nodded, "Okay," he turned off the stove. "I figured you'd want to have someone here, since Johnny has a full schedule today," Mark said as he walked with the plate of eggs and headed to the dining table.

I smile at his words, "Well, I do appreciate it," I said and he glanced up at me with a smile, "wait, does Johnny know you slept over?" I asked as I watched him walk back into the kitchen, he was heading for the rice cooker.

"Yeah, I texted him last night after I put you to bed," he said as he looked around and then he spotted a bowl. So that's how I got to bed.

"What did he say?" I asked as he got rice from the rice cooker.

"He reminded me of his rules and told me if you texted him and said you were crying, he'd punch me," Mark said and I chuckled.

"You said that last part so casually," I shook my head, "I'll get the bowls, chopsticks, and spoons," I said placing my empty glass of water down on the counter.

I walk over our counter sink where the bowls and chopsticks were placed at. I took two sets of each utensils. Mark was done getting rice. I trailed behind him as he walked to the dining table.

Mark and I placed what we were holding down on the table, "Mark," I called for his attention after placing the bowls, chopsticks and spoons down, "you're free today?"

"Yeah," he smiled and I raised my eyebrow, "seriously, I'm free. You can call my manager," he said and I shook my head.

"No, that's okay. I believe you," I chuckled, "I'm going to bring out some side dishes," I said and walked to my refrigerator.

As I entered the kitchen a memory flashed into my head.

"Through drought and famine, natural disasters," he soft voice filled my ears, "My baby has been around for me," my eyes felt heavy as he sang.

He sang for me last night. I turned and looked at Mark. His eyes were on down on his phone. I glanced at the couch and I remembered lying down with him. I turn away and I felt my cheeks burn up.