Chapter 14: University

Tuesday - 1:10 pm

First day back in Uni. I had lunch with friends first before my class in Business Math.

"No way!" Jess exclaimed after hearing Damon's story about skydiving during the spring break.

We were in the courtyard sitting on a bench-table. Everyone was telling each other what they've been doing, as if we haven't seen the story on Instagram or saw the tweet on Twitter about it. But then again, there are details that social media can't quite convey the same way hearing about a story in person.

"It was exhilarating, I should bring you with me next time," and there goes Damon trying to hit it on with Jess.

And Jess will say, "Uh, sure. Sounds like fun," Jess wasn't dense. She knew Damon liked her, but he didn't quite get the hint.

"What about you Jen?" Lee asked and for a moment I had to face palm in my head, for correlating his name with Mark. Why did his first name had to be Lee?

"I just chilled with my brother and his friends, nothing much to tell," I shrugged.

Jess, Damon and Lee. They're good friends of mine, but I didn't really talk much in our group which they didn't seem to mind and I was grateful for it.

"But, isn't your brother-Ow!"I kicked his shin under the table.

"What?" Jess asked confused and I just shrugged.

I look at my phone and I have 5 minutes before my class starts, "I have to go," I said packing my stuff, "Lee, come with me," I glared at him and he came with.

"Bye!" Jess and Damon waved at us and I waved back with a smile.

"Yo, that really hurt," Lee said as he struggled to walk with me into the lobby.

"Not my problem, look I really don't want Jess and Damon to know I have a famous brother, okay?" I said as we were walking towards my class.

"What's the big deal?" Lee asked as we turned a corner.

"Do you remember how you found out?" I asked as I evaded a couple holding hands in the hallway.

"Right," Lee said, "but, how does that have to do with them finding out about your brother?"

"You found out about Johnny, because you read a rumor about me, dating his co-member Mark," Lee nodded, "If they find out about Johnny, they'll ask about Mark too."

"But, I only read that article because I was bored. I highly doubt-"

I stopped walking to Google on my phone.

'Johnny's sister'

"Look," I show him the results. "Even if the articles are old, they still pop up."

"Okay, I stand corrected. But I would still like an apology for-" I glare at him, "fine, no apology," he raised his hands up, "you're so grumpy today," he shook his head and walked the other way.

I continued my way to class. It barely even started, I already wanted it to end.

3:30 pm

Two hours. Why did I sign up for 2 hours of business math?

I was packing my stuff when I saw Jess waving through the door's small window, I smile at her and rushed out.

"What's up? You rarely pick me up from class, don't tell me you're swinging that way for me huh?" I nudged her and she rolled her eyes.

"I may be bi, but not for you," she said and I laughed.