Chapter 60: Release

Thank you for 77k reads, you're all so amazing and wonderful! I love you all soooo much!

Enjoy reading!

-

Days before Jenny woke up - 3rd person POV - Wednesday - 10:12 pm

"What do you mean we have to let go of nuna?" Nana spoke up after Mark explained, "Hyung, that makes no sense. Just because bad things happens. Doesn't mean it's because we interact with her. That - that can't be true! You can't tell me that being friends with nuna is the reason she gets hurt! It - it makes no sense!" Nana was starting to cry and Renjun held him back from lunging himself towards Mark, "Hyung! I can't - you can't make me!" Nana shook Renjun's hold and he walked out of the living room and towards his bedroom. Slamming the door as he entered.

"Do you ... do you really think leaving nuna alone will keep her safe?" Jisung asked softly his gaze on the floor as he processed what his hyung said.

Mark was currently in the dreamies dorm. It took him days to prepare himself to talk to them, but now that he did, he was regretting it. Because how was he supposed to know if cutting ties with Min Jee was the right answer? He could possibly be making things worse.

However, what he said made sense to their minds as well. They were just too scared of actually letting go of their precious nuna.

"We leave her be? Won't that hurt her even more? If this is a decision to stop her from getting hurt. Then we shouldn't do it," Haechan said, but he agreed with his hyung. He felt the same way. Ever since Min Jee got hurt the first time, all he could think about was how to protect her.

And this was a possible solution, but it was hurting him inside. The thought of letting go of a person he holds dear to his heart - it was unthinkable.

"I wanted to share what I thought. I'm not forcing anyone to make the same decision as me," Mark said and the boys were quiet. They were all thinking to themselves.

Would nuna really be safer if we stopped talking to her? Renjun questioned.

I hope Jaemin's okay. He really seemed upset. Jeno grew concerned over his friend who walked out.

What happens when nuna wakes up and we tell her we're letting her go? Chenle grew weary about what Mark explained.

Nuna would be hurt. But the fact Mark thought of doing something like this ... He must be hurting too. Haechan was more worried about the state Mark was in.

I don't want to stop talking to nuna though. She means so much to me. But if it helps ... Jisung was contemplating. He was weighing the pros and cons.

Mark knew that Min Jee would get hurt. And yet he still thought he was doing the right thing. Maybe it was, maybe it did make sense, but it was surely going to cause so much hurt and pain towards Min Jee.

Everyone continued to stay quiet. They weren't sure if they needed to make a decision at this very moment or not. All they truly wanted, was to make a decision that was best for Min Jee.

As time passed with no one speaking up, Jeno got up from where he sat to check on Jaemin.

He raised his hand on the door and hesitated before knocking, "Open the door please," Jeno said after he knocked.

"Go away," Jaemin said through sniffles. He was trying his best to stop crying. But the moment he stopped, he thought about what Mark said again and he'd cry all over again.