Chapter 71: Agony

BIRTHDAY UPDATE! I TURNED 21! 🥰

Enjoy reading! x

-

Mark's POV - Wednesday - 6:12 pm

I was in the dance studio, and we (NCT Dream) were taking a break. I was sitting on the couch looking blankly at my lockscreen, it was a picture of Min Jee whilst she was sleeping. There were no new messages or incoming calls.

It's been a whole week. Min Jee kept her word and ignored me. No matter how many times I texted or called, she didn't respond. It doesn't seem like she blocked me, because I would know if I was blocked.

She was simply ignoring me, which means she's also been ignoring Lucas.

Lucas and I have been ignoring each other as well. Fortunately both our schedules were jammed pack and we didn't see each other. Unless we both had to leave early in the morning or we both came home late in the evening.

There was a part of me that missed him. But he decided to let Min Jee get in between us. If he can't accept that I'm the one Min Jee loves without making a fight out of it, then I won't make amends.

"Nuna you came!" I looked and saw Jaemin rushing towards the dance studio's door. Min Jee was standing with her crutches as the boys swarmed her.

"I thought I'd see you rehearse before dinner," she smiled and I waited for her to look at me. But she didn't, she kept her eyes on the boys.

"Just make up with Lucas-hyung already," Haechan said as he sat down next to me, "the sooner you two makeup, the sooner you get to talk to nuna again," he drank from his water bottle.

I gazed down at the floor, "It's not that simple," I sighed as I closed my eyes for a moment

"You're usually the one that avoids arguments and disagreements, why are you so stubborn now?" I gaze up at Haechan and I had a glimpse of Min Jee smiling. Seeing her smile and be happy was enough for me.

I unlocked my phone and went through my camera roll. It was filled of our pictures and videos. As I went through them, I could hear Min Jee laugh with the boys. I look up and she was beaming with happiness. All I ever wanted was to protect her smile.

"Hyung," Haechan said softly, "you're tearing up," he said and I touched my right cheek. A tear slipped down.

"I need a moment," I quickly walked out of the room.

Min Jee and I made eye contact for a moment before I completely left the room. The tears continued to flow down my eyes as I went into the locker room.

"Are you okay?" I heard Jaehyun-hyung ask, but I kept my head down and passed him.

I pushed the locker room door open and immediately sat down on a bench.

Why is it so hard? Why can't things work out?

I want to be with her. All I want to do is hold her and never let her go.

Why do I keep making mistakes that hurt her? Why couldn't I do anything right by her?

"Hyung?" I look up and see Jaemin, "Are you okay?"

I quickly wipe my tears, "Yeah," I said and he frowned, "seriously, I'm okay."

"Haven't we learned to not lie about how we feel?" Jaemin moved to the side and revealed Min Jee. She was looking at me, "You didn't expect me to ignore you, knowing your crying did you?" She smiled slightly.