Chapter 8: Stars

HELLO! IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY ON OCTOBER 19. I REALLY WANTED TO UPDATE. TO GIVE YOU GUYS SOMETHING IN THE SPIRIT OF MY BIRTHDAY. BUT I WAS HONESTLY BUSY, SO RIP.

Anyway, thank you so much for being patient and understanding with my updates. I know the frustration of waiting for so long, but I have news for you *drum rolls* 🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁

WE'RE BACK TO REGULAR WEEKLY UPDATES! 🎉🎉🎉

I'll be updating every Sunday from now on! If I miss a Sunday, I'll do a double update on the next Sunday and maybe a triple update, because I'm like that (when I have the time and motivation anyway 🙄).

Thank you soooooo much! Thank you for giving my book love! Thank you for 11k reads, even though I haven't regularly updated! You are all amazing!

Saturday - 2:03 pm

Ring.

"Hello?" I answer the phone.

"Get up already and eat brunch you've been sleeping all morning," the called ended.

Caller ID: annoying bro

I check the time, it's 2:04 pm. Woah, how long was I asleep?

All I remember, is coming back home yesterday exhausted.

"That's right, I passed out last night," I said sitting up slowly.

The room was dark, the only source of light was peaking through the curtain that covered the window. I rub my eyes and yawned.

Ring.

I instantly pick up the phone without checking who it was, "I'm up Johnny, I'm up," I said annoyed.

"Well, that's great hun," I heard him laugh, hun?

I pull the phone away from my ear.

Caller ID: 💖my dream boy💗

"Hun! I thought you were Johnny," I laughed as I got up from the bed to turn the lights, "woah," I said my eyes adjusting to the light.

"Woah?" Mark sounds really happy, why?

"I turned the lights on and my eyes are adjusting," I explained as I kept blinking my eyes to adjust.

"Go hun! You can do it! You blink amazingly!"

"What the - Mark, are you okay?" I said and he started laughing.

"What do you mean? I'm totally fine, I'm running on 2 hours of sleep and probably like 4 cups or was it 5 cups of coffee? I'm fine!" I frowned at how hyper he wanted to sound like, but he was tired and he refuses to show it.