Chapter 74: Therapy

Sunday - 9:10 am

I was waiting with Johnny in the reception room of Dr. Choi Jihyo. After the sleepover, I talked to Johnny about getting therapy as soon as possible. He immediately helped me with booking an appointment with one of the best therapist in Seoul.

"Seo Min Jee?" A lady in a pink blouse and black pencil skirt called my name.

"That's me," I said and she smiled at me.

"Dr. Choi Jihyo is ready to see you," she said and I nodded.

I turned to look at Johnny who was sat next to me, "You got this. I'll be right here when you come out," he rubbed my arm and squeezed on it lightly.

"Thank you," I said and then turned to the lady.

I stood up with the help of my crutches and followed the lady into Dr. Choi Jihyo's office.

As she led the way I took deep breaths. I've gone to therapy, I'll be fine.

She opened a door and stood to the side to let me walk in, "Thank you," I slightly bowed my head and walked in.

"Good morning, Dr. Choi Jihyo," I said as I bowed my head and she smiled at me.

"Good morning, and Mrs. Jihyo is fine," she bowed her head as well, "come, sit," she gestured to a three-seater couch as she walked around her desk.

I walked towards the couch and sat down. I placed the crutches next to me whilst she sat down on a single-seater couch opposite of me.

"Thank you Ms. Jinha," Mrs. Jihyo said to her secretary and then Ms. Jinha left the room. "Do you prefer I call you Jenny or Min Jee?" she asked.

"Min Jee is fine," I said and she nodded.

She picked up a folder from the coffee table and opened it, "Before we can start, let's go through some formalities," she said and I nodded my head, "you're the youngest in your family, you're a Photography major, and you grew up in Chicago, is that right?" She looked up at me.

"Yes," I nodded and a small smile was on my lips. It was a little forced, but not uncomfortable.

"I was able to briefly talk to your previous therapist in Chicago. I've taken note of what they shared, it seems you've gone through a lot these past years," she had a soft expression, "I know it will take time for you to trust me, but I assure you, I'm also here to help you."

"Thank you," I smiled a little wider.

"I have a few stress balls and other toys that you may use," she said gesturing behind me. I turned to look at shelf filled of different toys.

I turn back to face her, "I'm quite fine for now," I said and she nodded.

"So tell me why you're here today," she said as I adjusted myself on the couch.

"It's been a rough year for me," I said and I grabbed a throw pillow. I placed it on my lap and traced my finger on the circular patterns, "I've been able to cope and recover from most of the things that has happened, but the moment I'm about to fully recover from something. I end up going through another terrible thing and it just adds up and I feel I'm back to square one."

"May I ask, what exactly have you went through?" I glanced at her for a moment and gazed at the succulent plant on the coffee table.

"Earlier this year, I broke up with my boyfriend. Because of several reasons, but the main one was the lack of communication. We tried to fix things, but it just got worse and worse. It was too much to bear at the time. But I'm okay with him, we're actually quite good," I smile as I played with the paper ring on my finger. It was strong and sturdy.