Chapter 20: Choice

Sunday - 3:29 pm

It's been days since Mark messaged me. He hasn't messaged me ever since and I didn't message him back either.

I listed the pros and cons. And I came to the conclusion of going. But I wasn't going there alone. Betty was coming with me. However we agreed to only stay for 5 weeks. Because we wanted to travel somewhere else too. Maybe we'll go to Japan, Singapore, or Philippines. 5 weeks in South Korea and then we travel for the rest of our summer.

"Before you get cold feet, are you sure?" Betty asked as she was sat on my bed whilst I went through my luggage making sure I had everything.

She was sleeping over since our flight was tomorrow morning.

"I am," I said skimming through everything with my eyes.

"Remember what we agreed on," Betty said and I nodded remembering the agreement we made, "Min Jee, I'm serious."

I look up to her as I was zipping my suitcase, "I know and I said I agreed to all of them," I went back to focusing on the suitcase.

"Even about how you need to talk to Mark alone, at least once?" She said and I paused for a moment remembering that detail. "You know I don't want you to, but you need to."

I nodded my head. "B, I get it okay. Talk to Mark alone at least once during our stay to properly talk things out. I can do that," I said as I brought my suit case to stand upright.

"Jen," I looked towards her as I pushed my suitcase towards my bedroom door, "you have to listen to everything he has to say because -"

"It will eat me up if I never give him the chance to explain everything. Yes, I know," I said and sat next to her on the bed. "I'll be okay as long you're there," I smiled and she smiled as she held my hands.

"And I will be there. But you can't hide behind me, you'll have to face everyone okay?" I nodded and she glared at me.

"Look Jae-oppa is a different issue. I just don't know how to act around him. It isn't his place to say things, but at the same time he knew and knows things about Mark that I'm supposed to know. I don't know how to deal with that," I sighed.

"That's why you need to hear what everything Mark has to say, so you will understand why Jaehyun couldn't tell you," Betty said squeezing my hands lightly, "I know how much you care about him. So please don't let Mark ruin the friendship you have with Jaehyun."

"What if the others know too? What if everyone knows what Mark has been hiding? What if -" Betty shook her head.

"Are they your friends? Like your friends, not mutuals friends you have with Mark?" I nodded, "Then can you trust them? Whether they know or not, give them a chance, okay? I understand you're questioning your relationship with them, because of the association with Mark. I don't blame you for it, but it's not healthy for you and it's not fair to them," Betty pulled me for a hug.

"Whatever happens, I'll be there the whole time. I know you're worried and anxious, but I'll be there okay?" She pulled away and she put her hands on my shoulders, "You don't have to go through anything alone," she smiled. "I love you and I can't guarantee you won't get hurt while we're there. But I can guarantee to help you heal," she hugged me again and we just hugged each other.

"I don't know what I'd do without you," I teared up and hugged her tighter.

"You'd mope all day," she joked and I laughed with her. "You got this Jen, you're stronger than you think."

We pulled away and I wiped my tears, "Who knows?" She asked.

"Johnny," I said.

"No duh," she rolled her eyes, "seriously, who?"