Chapter 31: Family

Wednesday - 10:09 pm

*annoying bro sent a message*

annoying bro: don't make any plans for tomorrow night, the boys want to have a movie night. you and betty are invited

Me: okay sir 👌🏻

"Hey B,"

"Jen,"

Betty and I were both looking up from our phones, "Winwin?"

"Johnny?"

We nodded at each other and laughed.

Thursday - 8:01 pm

"I'm glad you made it!" Doyoung said as he opened the door to their apartment.

"I'm glad to be here," I hugged him and then walked farther inside.

"Min Jee!" Taeyong instantly stands up and hugs me.

"Hi," I said as we hugged, "it's surprising to see you here," we pulled away.

"Well I had some time off," he shrugged and then guided me to the couch.

"And you didn't decide to write lyrics or something? Wow, where's the workaholic that I know," I look all over his face searching for the workaholic in him.

"I know how to chill too," he said leaning into the couch.

"Sure you do," I said as I lied next to him.

"Woah, there Jen, not Tae too," Johnny said coming out the kitchen with two bowls of popcorn.

"Johnny," I glared at him and he shrugged, "where are the others?"

"They'll be coming a little later, and the others are in Jaehyun's room," Doyoung said as he settled in one of the single seaters.

"WayV, had to re-do some of their recording last minute," Taeyong said getting some popcorn.

"Jee-ya," I turn and see Jae-oppa coming out from his bedroom, I smile and wave at him. "I'm happy you're here," he said and then went towards the door.

Jae-oppa was wearing a hoodie and sweats, and a black mask was hanging under his chin.

"You're going out?" Johnny asked him.

"I'm just going to buy some Starbucks," he said and then he looked at me, "do you want anything Jee-ya?"

"Oh, no thanks," I shook my head and he nodded.

He walked out and then Taeyong nudged me, "You guys still haven't made up?"

I sit up straight to look at him, "Not really, but is he okay?" I asked and Taeyong made a gesture with his hand saying 50/50.

"Of course he keeps things professional, but whenever you're mentioned he gets a little sad. He really adores you," Taeyong said and I sighed.

I turn to look at Johnny, "No," Johnny shook his head already knowing what I was thinking. "He's my bro, but no way am I allowing you to talk to him," Johnny said and I nodded.

"What are you guys talking about?" Doyoung piped in whilst he was eating popcorn.

Ding dong.