Chapter 39: Sand

Hey! I have a lot of things planned for the next chapters. And I decided that this book will be longer than the first book.

I realized there were a few loose ends in the previous book, they're not that obvious, but as you read you'll get what I mean.

To be honest, I'm happy that there are loose ends, that way I can incorporate them in this book.

Enjoy reading! x

-

Thursday - 1:35 pm

It's been an hour since we arrived in Jeju Island. Our suitcases were in our room and Betty wasted no time to bask herself under the sun. While she enjoyed the sunlight, I was practically showering myself with sunblock. I was in no mood to tan today. But I couldn't let Betty be by herself.

"Jen! Come on!" Betty said already in the water, whilst I was sitting down on a beach towel underneath an umbrella.

"I'm good here!" I place the sunblock down as I continued to massage my arms and legs with the lotion.

"Just a few minutes! You won't get that dark! You practically finished the whole bottle!" She splashed in the water as she twirled around.

I like the beach, and she loves the beach.

"I swear, you're such a kid," Betty said walking up towards me, "I'm going to drag your sunblock-covered-ass into the water if you don't join me willingly," she was glaring at me and I quickly stood up running away, "Jen!"

"Catch me loser!" I yelled at her and continued running.

As I look in front of me, I bump into a stranger, "Woah, there," he said when I was about to fall. They held by my forearms.

I squint a bit as I looked at them, "Sorry," I bowed slightly and he smiled at him.

"No worries," he shook his head, "so what's a cute girl like you running for? Any perverted men chasing after you?" He looked behind me and I laughed.

"Nothing like that," I shake my head, "just running away from my best friend who is forcing me to get into the water with her," I turned to point at my best friend who was casually walking towards us. She waved and the guy I bumped into waved back.

"And what's a guy like you doing blocking my way?" I smirked at him.

"Actually, I headed to talk to you," he said winked and I laughed.

"Maybe you're the perverted man I should be running away from," I said and we laughed together.

"Who's the cute guy?" Betty said as she reached us. I look at her and then at the guy.

"I actually don't know, you're?" I asked and he brought his hand out for us to shake.

"Jisung," he said as Betty shook his hand.

"Betty," she smiled.

"Min Jee," I said as we shook hands. "So, Jisung?" I asked and giggled. He nodded looking a little confused, "Sorry, it's just we have a friend named Jisung and meeting another one it's kind of weird," I explained.

"And here I thought I was going to be the first Jisung you'd meet," he snapped his fingers.

For a moment the lighting changed and as I looked at his eyes, a sense of anxiousness washed over me.