Chapter 26: Talk

I know I say thank you a lot, but seriously it means so much to me that you appreciate the work and effort I put into this book! I'm glad that after Stigma, you continued to read more!

Thank you for the 382k reads on Stigma and 30k on Stigma 2! Every read, vote and comment is extremely appreciated!

Take care always!

Enjoy reading! x

-

Friday - 4:10 pm

When Mark told me to meet in Namsan Park I knew I wasn't going to bring the car back at 5 pm. I texted Johnny about everything and he understood. I also texted Betty that I'd probably won't be able to get back to them.

I was sat in the car. Mark was at a bench, our bench. That's where he told me to meet up with him.

Namsan park, was a place Mark and I went to often when we did have the time. We ended up having a regular bench that was surprisingly free whenever we came. It felt like it was reserved for us.

"You're already here," I gripped on the steering wheel. "We're here to settle things, to clear things out." I closed my eyes and took deep breaths.

Mark was ready and I don't know if I am. But I didn't want to keep our charade going. It's exhausting.

I open my eyes and force myself to smile. I look at the rearview mirror, "You got this," I nod.

I turn the engine off and placed the key in my bag. I make sure everything is in my bag and I was good to go.

4:29 pm

A few more steps and I'd see the bench. A few more steps and I'd see him. Don't psych yourself out. You're going to have a talk and things will finally be clearer.

There he was sitting down. He had a headset on and his head was resting against the bench. His eyes closed and the trees around him offered him shade. He looked so calm and relaxed, a contrast to how I felt.

"Maybe, I shouldn't," I said stopping in my tracks looking at him. I fiddle with the strap of my bag, "No, I got this," I took a step forward but stopped. I can't do this.

He opened his eyes and I held my breath. He brought his phone out, and he clicked away. My phone started vibrating. I bring it out of my bag.

4:32 pm

Caller ID: Mark Lee

I hesitantly answered, "Hi," I said staying in place. He crouched down, his elbows on his thighs and his head hang low.