Ch.56

We do make a pretty good team, don't we?

___________________________

Connor's POV

"He stole your energy."

I grabbed at Mitch's pant leg worriedly and he pulled me closer to him.

"It'll be okay Connor." He whispered. "What do we do to get it back?" Mitch asked turning to Devin.

He shook his head. "We can't. Well, unless the dark sorcerer wants to give it back."

Jerome snorted. "That's not gunna happen. So what's going to happen to Seto?"

I looked at the sorcerer as he leaned against the wall and watched his knees buckle.

"Whoa!" Jason exclaimed, being te closest to him, and caught Seto before he fell.

"Seto you alright?" Ian asked.

Seto nodded and pushed himself up, leaning against the wall again.

"Yeah... I'm good." he said softly.

Devin looked at Seto worriedly, then down at the ground. "It's started already..."

"What's started?" Ty asked.

"The deterioration process. When a sorcerer, healer light or dark, looses his or her energy they slowly deteriorate till they..."

"They die?" Mitch asked, putting the pieces together in his mind.

Devin nodded slowly. "I'm sorry."

Seto groaned and slid down the wall.

"So I'm going to die... Fantastic."

"We'll figure something out, Seto, don't worry. We're not going to let you die on us." Jason encouraged.

There were murmurs of agreement and Ian cleared his throat.

"I'm going to ask the question everyone's probably asking... How long?"

"Till he dies? Can't tell. It's different for every sorcerer. It could be a couple hours to a couple years depending on the person."

"Am I going to feel this weak for a while?" Seto asked.

Devin shook his head. "Don't think so. From what I hear, it's on and off."

"So that means we're going to need a lot of help when we fight the dark sorcerer. We need allies and more weapons." Ian stated.

Mitch nodded. "Ian's right. This man has nearly killed us, in the middle of slowly killing Seto, and possessed our friends. This means war."

"We can help too, right daddy?" Quirren asked.

Devin shook his head. "I don't want you getting hurt again Squirrel."

"But daddy!" Quirren protested.

"Me and Quirren can help Mitch. Let us fight please?" I asked, tugging on my brother's pants.

Mitch looked down at me and knelt down.

"I don't think mom would be too happy to hear I let you fight against a sorcerer."

"Mitch please! we can help!" I pleaded.

"Sorry Conner, but I'm with Devin on this. I don't think you two should help."

I sighed angrily and stormed over to the corner.

"Connor." Mitch sighed.

I ignored him and sat in the corner, staring at the wall.

"He'll be okay Mitch. Let's get a plan started so we have a chance if the man shows up." Jerome said.

I saw Mitch nod slowly in the corner of my eye as the team huddled together around Seto.

Quirren walked over and sat by me.

"I hate being younger." I grumbled.

___________________________

Yay for long car rides!

I got a chapter up though.

You proud? or nah.

New deadline: FRIDAY