Ch.67

*slaps bloxie*

NO. BAD.

*wrestles pen away from her*

To think that I thought you would be cool. T-minus 3 days till bloxie's back.

I fear how many cookies she ate to create you

_________________

Jerome's POV

"Hey, hey, hey. You're gonna be ok, yeah? Stay with me, I know, I know, it hurts like hell, I know, you're good." I whisper it over and over to the agonized person by my side. Their arm is slung over my back, but I'm supporting most of their weight. "Hey, Marcus?" I call as we get out of the cell. "Another one. Can you do it?"

He glances nervously over his shoulder at the door Lilac was behind before hurrying over. He looked alright, if a little pale, but had warned me that was expected with the amount of spells he was doing. He wasn't a powerful healer like Seto, just someone who had studied the spells and taught themselves magic.

He winced when he saw the full extent of the person's injuries. "I can only do the absolute worse for this one, Jerome. I can heal up the worse injury, but then we just get him out of here."

I cocked an eyebrow. "You okay?"

He shrugged. "Fine. Mildly terrifed," Another glance over his shoulder, "but fine. A bit tired from using so much magic, and I can't even heal anyone up fully. We're lucky the she demon didn't get a start on quite a few of us."

Indeed, while several people were in bad shape, we still had quite a few that were able bodied. It turns out the dungeon was quite larger than at first glance. The farther you got from the main area, it seemed that the injuries were less extensive.

Three of the able-bodied had positioned themselves outside the door Lilac was behind. A scrawny teenager with black eyes had sidled up to the door first, cautiously examining the knob and lock. A few minutes later, he declared that the lock was sealed and it would take a while for Lilac to get out, even if she tried.

There were 5 other sorcerers including Marcus. 3 were lights, one was a dark, and Marcus was the last one. They had been racing about, desperately using their abilities to try and get everyone in some kind of shape to revolt.

So far, so good.

"We about set?" I whispered to Marcus when he had finished healing the worst injury . He cast a wary eye around the gathering number of people and nodded. "I think so. Well, we're in some condition to move, at least."

"Yeah, about that, guards? My group didn't have to fight at all to get in here, and it's only Lilac down here. Is there any kind of guard system here?" I asked him.

The dark sorcerer suddenly joined our conversation. His eyesw were a swirling purple, and he seemed to slip into the shadows everytime he went near them. "Oh, there's plenty. They just aren't here at the moment."

I look questioningly at him.

"What? It's true. Master is...an idiot." He flinched slightly. "His defense is the town and the undead. He has possessees, too, plenty of them. All he has to do is click his fingers and they sweep out from behind every staircase and door. My guess is that he isn't here, he doesn't know you rhere, so no click and no guards."

Marcus shifs uncomfortably. "Awfully informed there, aren't you?"

He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Oh, not this again. You're a dark sorcerer, aren't you the enemy? You traitor, you serve the master!" He mimicked. "No. Just because I was born dark, doesn't mean I serve the dark. Now, if you please, we don't have time for this. We need out right now, if you haven't noticed."

"Now?" I frown.

He points at the door, where the three on guard are now several feet away from. "The screams have stopped. She's coming."

"Oh, right. Everybody out, then. Let's go." I order it quietly, aware that Lilac would probably be able to hear us now.

The group starts to make its way upstairs. I stay at the back, and my foot just touches the bottom step when there's a cry of anger and the door flies off the hinges.

"Go! GO!" I scream. We pour out of the stairway in a panic.

To my surprise, the team is there, pointing people towards the door, reassuring them.

"Coming!" I gasp to the nearest person, which happens to be Mitch.

"Who is?" His hand tightens around his sword and he stares down, trying to make out a figure coming up.

"Lilac! She's the torturer! She has Adam! She did all of this!"

His eyes widen. "Well, let's pay her back."

_____________

So, pen back to evil bloxie, then?

You know, I get such an exciting rush when you get the pen, yet I dread doing it.