3. When the party started

A week after Jack get to know his mysterious neighbour the young man decided to throw a party and celebrate his 20s birthday.

The day before he spoke with all the neighbours and saying there might be some loud music but he will definitely keep it down after 11. With a sweet smile he asked everyone for consideration and promised to share the birthday cake.

Well... not everyone. The 3rd floor resident didn't open his door. Jack even went upstairs twice. He knocked slightly and knocked strongly. Even though there was no response. Jack stuck a note on the neighbour's door and felt that he had done everything he could.

Birthday boy stood in front of the mirror checking if his fair hair are sparkling enough and if his new outfit make him as deadly handsome as when he was trying it out in a store.
-I have to say that you're not so bad looking after all, you handsome devil.
And saying that, he winked at boy in the mirror.

Right that time Jack heard the doorbell and went to open the door. The first guest was the best of his best friends Gus. Short blonde boy wearing yellow t-shirt with "Looking for my same" written on it. They known each other for almost ten years and spent together a great part of that time. All primary school they were almost inseparable. Gus brought some % and an extra for one of Jack's favourite computer games as a gift.

-How's it going?
Asked Gus while walking after Jack to kitchen.
-Not too bad. You?
Gus didn't answer so Jack knew that there's something.
-What about this shirt? I thought that you found someone.
Jack asked lightly hoping that it's nothing serious. Gus had always great relationships with his family. He had a job that he liked and which gave him satisfying income as he was a groomer. Only serious problem was his love life.   

-I've found... But only in my mind.
Gus was visibly upset.
-What do you mean?
-Let's talk about it some other time. What yumminess did you prepare?
And before his friend even had a chance to respond Gus started to snack from all the bowls at once.
"Eating instead of talking... And later he will complain that he's gaining weight again..." but Jack didn't want to take away even this small pleasure from his friend.

Minute by minute Jack's house became filled with people. Loud music, best friends, some alcohol... that's what a birthday should be.
One of Jack's guests was Shuan so there needed to be some karaoke. This friend of Jack was half Chinese but he never learned any Asian language. His parents divorced before he even had a chance to rally get to know his father from east. Even thou when he sang his favourites songs he was just like a kpop star.
-Machimnae geu kkeute illeongin bulbichi annaehaejuneun gireul ttara bareul meomchulttae... I'll be there when the party started.

[A/N song "Traveller" by SHAUN, I'm so into his music... The best is "Way back home".]

Shuan was always famous among their friends because of his incredible voice. A party without him was always a wasted party. As he sang other people danced and sang with him. Even though they had no idea what are they singing about.

At some point Jack started thinking that someone is knocking to his door and pressing the doorbell.
"Impossible" he thought and decided to think that it was only his imagination. But the sounds didn't stopped and Jack, with longing heart left his friends and went to open the door.

On the corridor stood tall man with black hair and almost as black circles around his eyes. Jack didn't understood what the man want from him. It's not even 10 p.m. and they are not really that loud.

-How can I help you, sir?
Man gave him freezing gaze.
-Turn the music off. That would be really helpful.

Jack was quite taken aback.
-I'm sorry if we disturb you. As I stated at the note.. I would be thankful if you could be understanding and let us have fun one more hour.
Seeing the scary expression that occurred on man's face Jack assumed that there will be no more fun today.
-Ok, I understand. Loud music is a problem for you and you would prefer us to turn it off.
-Yeah.
And without saying anything else the man went back to his floor.

And that's how the party practically ended.