8. Can I treat your home as my own?

--- The tiny body was all covered in a dark blood. Old, well build man with a gray beard was holding a little child. In this blonde hair boy was no life. Few hours earlier Judy was happily playing with a ball. The precious gift he got at his 5th birthday. No one expected that this day will be the last of his short life. Later this evening his mother will be crying in despair and regret that she didn't let him eat chocolate crème for breakfast. But right now he is lying in rough hands of his killer.---

One by one black letters were appearing on Tom's laptop's screen.
-No, that's not it.
He said annoyed and read all the phrases once again. After some consideration he deleted it.

Tom's place of work wasn't the one that most people would call comfortable. Tom was used to his old chair and even older table (only his laptop was quite new) and that was all he needed to get his work done. The rest of a house was a one great mess. Nothing has it's own place so there were clothes, books, dishes, food, bibelots and used papers all over the place.
All the space was dark as the windows were closed and covered. Maybe it wasn't stinky but no one could call the air in this room fresh.

Other rooms weren't better. Maybe even worst. His bedroom was filled with all kind of stuff so it was hard to even walk in. Tho it wasn't really a problem cause Tom was used to sleep at the couch.

In bedroom all was covered in dust while in the kitchen all was covered with oil. Tom wasn't a type to cook often but when he did he hardly ever cleaned after that so...

The bathroom would be probably the cleanest as there wasn't many things in there (and no oil) but it wasn't like that. Scale, rust and a little bit of mouldiness made the work done.

Tom once again looked at the keyboard and sighed heavily.
-I guess all this "getting to know new people" and "doing new things" doesn't work as fast as I thought.
He said to himself and decided to take a nap.

While certain someone was comfortably lying on his coach and relaxing, Jack was busy preparing the order for a large group of clients. That day in their cafe was organized a meeting.
-Gosh, I don't remember when was the last time there was so many people on a weekday.
Cris, one of the girls working in Sophie cafe complained to Jack while polishing cups.
-What did you say it was, class reunion?
Jack asked slicing strawberry cake.
-Yes. I don't get it... if boss knew that they will come why didn't she called in more stuff.
Cris was rather lazy girl and a type who complain a lot so it was only natural for her to say that. And much more.
"What a shame they ordered all of it." Jack thought putting the last piece of cake on a little plate. The cakes in their cafe was delicious but strawberry was one of Jack's favourite.

After a tiring day at work Jack finally get back home. He ate some spaghetti from the other day and took a refreshing shower. He wanted to rest a little before his exclusive lessons and turned on some series.

That day Jack came to Tom's house exactly at the planned time. He wouldn't be late, but also didn't want to be too early. Maybe his teacher had other things to do... Jack wouldn't dare to interrupt.
-Yesterday we didn't managed to talk about mythology so that's what'll be our topic today.
And saying that Tom started to talk about gods, heroes, beautiful ladies and monsters... And it would be very interesting if Jack wouldn't be afraid that some monster will came out from one of the furniture of this messy room.

Jack wasn't a pedant but he liked clean and order VERY much. In this kind of environment he just couldn't stay focused. Last time he was there it wasn't that messy. Or maybe he just didn't notice that because he was half asleep... Still, this time he found it terrible.
-Can I clean?
Jack said out of the blue, interrupting Tom's speech about some ancient drama.
-Are you sure it's the right time to do so?
Tom asked rather hypothetically. He was sure that it isn't such a time.
-Yes. It really disturbs me. I can't focus at all.
Jack insisted.
-So? Can I?
-Yeah. Treat my home as your own.

Tom was more than very surprised. He didn't even remembered when was the last time he cleaned. As an artist he found that rather unimportant. Or maybe it was only an excuse that masked his laziness... Either way he rarely cleaned and here comes the opportunity to make his house look decent.

It took Jack an hour to slightly organize Tom's living room. It wasn't good enough to satisfy Jack but he was afraid that he won't be able to study if he spent all the time and energy on cleaning.
-Now I can focus. Let's start.
Jack said with satisfaction and fire for work. Just that he wouldn't guess how much of a lecture Tom planned for that day...

After four hours Zombie-jack was walking down the stairs back to his apartment. What Tom was saying was surely understandable but after two hours he started to be confused and after four he wasn't even sure what his own name was.
"I have to talk to him about duration of a lesson... Later."
Jack thought and dropped on his bed with closed eyes