7. Our first lesson

Jack was almost sleeping when he heard vibrations of his phone. Someone texted him. "At this hour... it can't be anything important." He thought and ignored it. He was already half asleep. Phone buzzed again.

-What the hell...
Jack murmured and with his eyes still closed, took the cell phone from a bedside table. It took him few seconds to opened his sleepy eyes.

Finally Jack read the message from unknown number.
698xxxxxx: We're starting lesson in five minutes.
698xxxxxx: Aren't you coming?

First time Jack read it he didn't even understand what that words mean. The second time he read he thought that it's some mistake or a prank. The third time he read read the messages... Jack abruptly sat on his bed with his eyes wide open. He replied:
Me: Now??

Jack was close to write "No. I'm not coming." But fortunately he sobered up and didn't write such a terrible things.

698xxxxxx: Yeah
The boy could precisely imagine how his teacher looked like writing this message.
Me: OK

It was already 11 o'clock and Jack would hardly imagine himself learning at such an hour. And we're talking about learning English! But what choice did he has...? "I have to go there... I have to. Otherwise this one of a kind possibility will vanish." And repeating this he put on some clothes and with a bottle of water went out.

When Jack came to the 3rd floor the door was opened. He went in and shyly looked around. It was messy. That's the first thing that came to his mind. Tho he didn't have a chance to think about it too long.

-Where is your notebook? How are you going to take notes?
The mixed version of Tom asked sceptical. His face looked good but hair... he was straight, but the clothes...
"I wonder what is he going transformed into..."

Jack went down for necessary things and came back in few minutes.
-We will start with ancient Greek. Mythology. What do you know about it?
Jack just stared at him but this gaze told his teacher everything. Tom sighed and opened one of the books. He prepared himself for the teachers job and found in his library all needed books and textbooks.

As Tom was talking Jack listened to him attentively. At least at the beginning. He wasn't able to control his tiredness.
-Focus, will you?
Tom raised his voice a little. At that moment Jack realised that he doesn't know what was Tom talking about.
"I must've fallen asleep." He thought but didn't dare to say.
-I'm sorry. It's just that I'm really tired... I'm not effective in this time of a day.
Jack said and thought:
"Or rather this time of a night."

Tom was thinking for a while. He seemed concerned. But maybe that's just what Jack wanted him to be..
-Ok. I get it.
Tom said finally.
-When will be the right time for you?
-Maybe tomorrow at 6 pm... does it suits you?
-Yeah.
Jack said goodbye and went back home. He looked pretty much like a zombie. When his head touched the pillow he instantly fell asleep.

Next morning Jack wasn't sure if what happened yesterday evening was true or was it only his dream. He check out his phone and...
"OK, so it really happened. This man is crazy..."
But second later he reflected and slightly hit his stupid head a few times.
-I can't think like that about someone who is my hope.

Before getting out of bed Jack wanted to save his teacher number. He struggled quite a while before taping the name in. When he looked at the clock Jack realised that it's already 8 am and he should be getting ready to work. He quickly wrote "3rd floor" and went to the bathroom.