2.14. Saying goodbye is never easy

All summer Jack was preparing his family, friends and co-workers for his leave. The end of summer when he was about to live the city for good it was a nostalgic time filled by parties.

Firstly there was a party at Sophia cafe. Jack always liked the girls he worked with but he didn't expect that they will throw such a party just for him. On Jack's last day cafe was closed earlier. Girls decorated the place beautifully, boss prepared cake and drinks, Cris bought a present from they all. A plant for new house, an engraved pen for taking notes at university and a photo of them all for never fading memories.

Secondly there was a party organized by Gus, Shuan, Andy and some other friends of Jack. They were clubbing all night long. Drinking, talking, drinking, dancing, drinking, singing and drinking one again. When Jack and Andy were slowly going home, holding each other arms, Andy said:
-You should be moving out more often. Saying goodbye is never easy, but goodbye parties are always the best.
Second after saying that Andy throw up on a pavement.

For the third: Jack was going to see his parents.
-I will drive you.
Tom proposed when Jack told him that the next day he's going to visit his parents.
-No, it's ok. I'm going to stay over for a night. Talk with mum a little... You don't need to go.
Next morning Jack took the first bus to his hometown. His parents were so proud of him that they invited for dinner all family, neighbours and friends. There was more than 20 people, but Jack's mother prepared soo much food that they didn't even ate half of it.

In the evening Jack was sitting on the couch next to his mum, hugging her. Woman's eyes were shining, small tears were falling down.
-Mum... I'm not going to the end of the world. I'm not even going to another country.
-I know...
She said quietly.
-But until now you were living so close and I barely saw you. So how will it be from now on...?
-I will visit you, don't worry. It's only few hours of driving.
Jack said and hugged her tighter.

Next day Jack was eating breakfast together with his parents and younger brother.
-Where did you said you'll be living?
His father asked, taking another sausage. Sixth as his wife noticed with displeasure.
-It turns out that Tom family has a house in suburbs. He was already considering moving there so we just decided to move in together right now.
-Won't it be a burden to live together? He's an artist. Shouldn't he have a silence and peace to do his work?
Jack's mum asked with concern.
-Mum we've been a...
And then he realised that he shouldn't be saying about some things.
"already living together for few months."
Wasn't the right words, so he said:
-Analysing everything and concluded that it's a good idea.

Jack and Tom decided to move at Tuesdays. At Monday Tom had to meet his publisher and discuss their future work. At that time Jack was with Gus he took leave especially for Jack.
-At what time will you be going? I'll come and say the last goodbye.
Gus was visibly sad that his best friend is leaving.
-Take it easy. At that time you will be still sleeping. This was supposed to be the last, remember?
Jack patted Gus's head and smiled to him.
-Don't worry. You can always call me if something happens.
-I will call you everyday even if nothing happens.
Gus said firmly and Jack believed him. He already could imagine that his ears are turning red because of all this hours of phone calls.

Jack was packing their stuff to late night. When he was checking of everything's packed for the third time Tom said:
-Just leave it already and go take a shower. It's already very late. We need to have a good sleep before tomorrow's drive.
Boy went to the bathroom, but even if he was ready to give up on packing, he wasn't going to fall asleep right away.

When Jack went into the bedroom all light were turned off. He lied in bed, right next to Tom and gently kissed his neck. There was no response so he did it again, longer. Jack knew that Tom isn't sleeping and just enjoying this small pleasure. Finally man turned around and let Jack kiss his lips. Then he suddenly moved back.
-Why are you naked?
Tom asked, somehow knowing the answer.
-Because right now I find clothes very bothersome.
Jack said with his deep voice right into Tom's ear, which was always turning Tom on. Jack quickly took off Tom's t-shirt and shorts and cuddled him. The temperature under their sheets was rising rapidly.

After saying goodbye to family, friend, co-workers and neighbours there was only one more goodbye to be said. Jack looked at the living room he spent so much time in. It looked almost the same. Only the Tom's laptop was missing. All the furniture were waiting for the new tenant. After walking down with the last bags the couple looked for the last time at the main door of the building they were living in. They get on the car without thinking about the place they were leaving but about the place they were going to. About their new home. Real home.

[A/N I was writing this chapter with running nose, sore throat and a slight fever. Writing about J&T was the best I could do in that state of physical pain. ]