2.12. Is it possible to forget about your first love?

Saturday evening Jack was getting off work as the last. He closed the cafe and before going back home, went to the nearby supermarket.
"Beer and snacks. That's what I need. I hope Tom won't be working. Or sleeping."
Jack thought and with his hands filled with cans and packs went back home.

On the big crossroad he stopped for a while, waiting for a green light. At that late time there wasn't many people or cars, but on the opposite side of street was standing a group of young people. They were chatting and laughing. One of the boys looked familiar. When the lights of passing car shined on his tall, well build body Jack recognized him.
"Drake..."

When the light switched Jack didn't move. He was standing stunned, looking at the boy across the street. It was dark, but Jack could precisely imagine his soft, brown hair with a little bit of red. Drake was talking with a friend, walking towards Jack. Then he noticed him. He freezes for a second and still looking into Jack's eyes came to him.

-Drake?
Asked one of his friends, surprised by boy's behaviour.
-I'll catch up in a minute!
He shouted and gave his friends a sign to go on without him. Jack and Drake were looking at each other in silence.
-Drake...
-Hi Jack.
He said with this genuine smile of his. Just like in the past. He asked with enthusiasm:
-How is it going?
-Great... and you?
-It's good. Today's my friend birthday, we're going karaoke.
-Great... great...
-Give me your phone.
Without even thinking Jack done what he was asked for. After a minute Drake gave him the iPhone back.
-I have to go. I'll call you later. We have to drink some beer sometime.
He sent to Jack last smile, beautiful as ever, and run to his friends.

Jack didn't expect that he will meet Drake ever again. He went back home, still thinking about this unexpected encounter. After coming back he didn't even pay attention to Tom, who's been sitting on a couch waiting for him.
-Is everything all right?
Tom asked sitting on the bed, next to Jack.
-I'm just sleepy.

Next day Jack was getting off work at 1pm. Right that time he gat a call. He didn't expect that Drake would call. And so soon at that! They were talking for almost two hours. Since two years Drake was studying at college, preparing to became PE teacher. He was at the campus's basketball team, tho he wasn't a leader. Almost every weekend he was going back to their hometown. He even saw Jack's younger brother a few times. He has great friends at the college and even better roommates in dormitory. He's single.

When Jack finally put the iPhone back to his pocket something hit him.
"Why didn't I say a word about Tom? Next time I will have to..."

//Baby if you take me high...//

Jack picked up before opening the door on the 3rd floor.
-What's up Gus?
-Who the hell were you talking to for so long?
-Hm? Were you calling? I didn't noticed.
-I'm a little bit disappointed. I should be the only one to talk to you for so long. But I guess that I have to forgive Tom...
Jack wasn't sure if he should tell Gus about it, but...
-It was Drake.
-Who?
Gus asked disbelieving and asked again:
-The Drake I'm thinking about?
-Yes. I'll call you later.
Jack ended the conversation as he was walking into the room where tom was siting by laptop, writing.

Jack was preparing dinner when he got a message. After wiping his hands, took the iPhone.
Drake: What you're doing?
Me: Cooking dinner.
Me: Baked pepper with stuffing. Rice, tomatoes, chicken...
Drake: Mm... sounds delicious.

-When will it be ready?
Sudden Tom's voice made Jack so surprised that he almost dropped his iPhone. Boy quickly put it into his pocket.
-What? Why?
He was asking chaotically.
-I wanted to take a shower before eating.
-Aa, sure. I still need about 20 minutes.

Jack was lying in bed with a man he loved beside him. He didn't understand his own actions.
"I love Tom. I love him very much. So why..."
Jack wasn't talking with Drake about anything improper. He wasn't thinking about leaving Tom or doing "anything" with drake.
"Never!"
But somehow Jack felt like he's cheating. He looked at sleeping Tom's face. Moved a little and kissed his cheek.

Few days later Gus was at Jack's place. Tom had some meeting with publisher so they could freely talk and watch some movies. At some point Gus asked:
-Are you still in touch with Drake.
Jack nodded. Gus asked, unsure:
-So... how is he?
-Great. He's at college. And still playing basketball. I think we will meet sometime during his summer break.
Gus frowned a little.
-Have you told Tom about it?
Gus asked, chewing a slice of pizza.
-No...
-Well, he should know about it.
Gus stated. He knew how important the honestly in a relationship is.
-What should I know about?
Tom asked with his sharp voice. He was standing at the door with keys in his hand, looking at two boys sitting on his couch. Scared boys.

-It's just that... I recently got in touch with my friend from high school.
-Jack...
Gus whispered, unsatisfied.
-What!
Jack shouted and get out of the room.
-What's wrong with him?
Tom asked looking at the closed door of bedroom, where Jack disappeared.
-You have to talk about it. Calmly. There's nothing I can do.
Gus said and went to the front door.
-I'm going!
Short boy shouted to Jack while putting on his shoes.

Tom went into the bedroom. Jack was lying on the bed with his face hidden in sheets.
-So, what is it?
Tom asked. Jack didn't answered. Tom sat beside him and asked again:
-What friend did you get in touch with?
-Ma ffst loof.
Boy said with his head still hidden.
-I can't hear you.
Tom said, patting Jack's back. Boy sat on the bed and without looking at Tom, repeated:
-My first love.
Awkward silence hurt them both.

-You've been distracted this last few days. Was it because of him?
Tom asked. When Jack nodded briefly man became angry. VERY angry. But more than angry, he was sad.
-I wanted to tell you earlier, really I just didn't know how to talk about it. And I'm ashamed. That I don't have a courage to talk to you about such things. That I have been hiding it from you. I'm sorry...
Jack tried to explain.
-Can you forget about your first love?
Tom asked, looking at Jack with pain in his eyes. Jack answered slowly. He wanted to be genuine.
-I don't know...
Tom bit his lower lip.
-But it's not important who my first love is. The most important is who my biggest love is.
Jack took Tom's face in his hands and looking into his loved one's eyes, said:
-And that is you.
The expression on Tom's face changed. Man blushed and lowered his gaze. Jack kissed man's lips and gave him in that one kiss an unimaginable amount of love.

[ A/N I had a really hard time trying not to make Jack a "bad guy"...]