5. Be my Master!

All next lessons scheduled for that week were terrible. Students still remembered Mr Pritchett wonderful way of teaching and almost none of them enjoyed lectures of their usual teacher. Jack not only didn't enjoy them but, what's the most important, didn't understand anything.

When Saturday came he finally decided. He needs to get himself a private teacher. And not just any teacher. He needs 3rd floor's resident!

Jack bought flowers, chocolates and wine, depending on what his future teacher likes, and with his hands filled like that he went on the 3rd floor.

Jack knocked and rang the bell many times. Patiently. Knocked and rang. "It's form my future..." he thought and knocked again. And rang again. And...

-What!?
The door opened.
-Please, be my teacher!
Jack shouted while giving the man his cutest smile.

Tho not for long... "This gray aura all around him..." Jack lowered his head and gave man the gifts without looking at him. He wouldn't dare.

-Please. I really need your help. This time I have to pass my exam. I must do it!
Man didn't replied.
-I can pay you. I'll do whatever you want...

Still silence. Jack hesitantly looked at man's face.
-You don't want to teach me...
-Yeah.
Jack grind his teeth. "You better forget about borrowing any salt from me. Never!"

But his thought wasn't important. He needed THIS teacher.
-Please... Just think about it. You don't have to answer me right now.
"But the sooner the better. This 6 months will pass quickly."
-No.
And this one word was the only thing Jack heard before the slam of closed door.

Only then he noticed that in his hands were only flowers. Chocolates and wine mysteriously disappeared.
"It's not the end. I can still convince him! I can... But how?"

Sunday was Jack's working day. Cafe was full almost all day and Jack didn't even have a chance to eat properly. How could he think about some plan of getting himself a tutor.
For Jack Monday was a day of thinking and planning and for Tom...

-Tom... I'll be frank with you. It's not so good.
The fresh and good looking version of Tom was sitting on the grey couch in the middle of new office of his publisher. On the outside he was quite calm, but inside...
-I don't understand.
Tom said politely. He was trying his best not to blow up.
-We were working together for many years... How long has it been? 12 years? Maybe even more...

-What's your point?
Toms voice sounded a little bit like barking. Stew knew Tom's temper and was ready for it. But he still decided to be businesslike.
-Tom, what I'm interested in is profit. You know that. And that's why I'm always telling you the truth about your writing. This stories are not good. It won't sell. And I'll tell you more. If we will publish something like that people won't buy your future books.

"That was harsh." Tom slowly started to turn into someone else. He scratched his hair and it became all messy. But he didn't even noticed.

Stew continued:
-Your science-fiction novels always was... dull. But this time even the thriller is. What did you gave me?
And saying so Stew throw away the pages of Tom's novel. Stew wasn't a bad guy. He just knew Tom. He knew that he need to be like that towards him. Tom wrote many stories in his life. No one knows why but some of them was terrible, and some wonderful. Unfortunately Tom finds all of them brilliant. It always was task of Stew to publish the good one and... Try to persuade Tom to give up on the bad one.

-Robinson wants to make another movie based on you story. It's a good time to publish something new. You didn't write anything good since last spring... Get a grip!
-Yeah...
Tom's voice wasn't too enthusiastic.
-You know what. I think you need to do something new. You know, like finding a new hobby, making some new friends, visiting new places. Things like that. I think that it would be good for you.

Leaving publishers office Tom wasn't too optimistic. "What do I do?" He thought and went to get some coffee before heading back home.

In the cafe, behind the counter, Tom sees his hope. "New things, you say... That's the idea!"