2.18. Happy birthday to you too.

The next day Jack's lectures were starting at 10, so in the morning he had a time to lay in the bed a little bit longer. Tom was lying next to him, sleeping. Boy started to gently touching man's back. When Tom opened his eyes, still very sleepy, Jack said seductively:
-I want my birthday present.
-I'm still mad, you know?
-Don't be... Tom...
Jack murmured, putting his head under man's t-shirt and kissing him softly. Tom wasn't resisting for a long time, when his body became ready to forgive Jack, he surrendered.

When Jack went to take a shower his iPhone rang. At first Tom wasn't going to answer this call, it wasn't his iPhone after all, but when he saw "Drake" written on the screen, he changed his mind.
-Yes?
He said unpleasantly.
-Jack?
Voice on the other side was confused.
-No, his boyfriend.
Silence... long, long silence.
-I just wanted to wish him the best, as it's his birthday today...
Drake said unsurely.
-Ok, I'll tell him that.
Silence again... it's hard to believe that iPhones bared that tension.
-So... thanks.
-Yeah. You don't need to call again.
-Right...
And Tom pressed the red button, with a slight shade of satisfaction on his face.

That day Jack went to campus all happy. Even boring lecture of some old professor wasn't able to ruin his wonderful mood from the morning.
-Please, can somebody kill him...?
Alex whispered, talking about their professor, lying his head on the desk. Jack looked at him amused.
-All our hope in the angel of the year...
Olaf said, looking at the pretty girl in the first row. Olaf and Alex were talking quietly about how beautiful their angel is. The boys in the row behind them were probably listening to it because they were nodding at the right phrases and also looking at the goddess. Suddenly Alex asked:
-Jack, what do you think?
-I don't know...
-You don't know?
Olaf asked a little bit too loud and had do apologie to the professor.
-What do you mean you don't know? Ah, you said you have a girlfriend, right?
Jack nodded briefly.
-So, how is she?
Alex asked with a dirty thoughts painted all over his face. Jack didn't answer, thinking about that morning.
-I guess she's not soo bad.
Olaf whispered with a filthy smile.

On his way back home, jack was intensively thinking about present for Tom. He suspected that a good sex won't really be the most wanted gift. He get off the train one stop earlier to think about it. But there was nothing he could think about.

Jack wanted to directly ask Tom about the present, but when he proposed to eat together Tom said that he has a lot to write, as always, and focused on the screen.
"Where is he taking all this words from...?"
Jack thought depressed and went down to the kitchen. He was cutting tomatoes, thinking... suddenly terrible scream filled the house. Tom quickly went down and saw Jack with his hand all covered in blood.
-What happened?
He asked terrified and quickly took off the first aid kit.
-I cut my finger. But it bleeds soo badly...
Jack said quietly, his face became pale. Tom quickly covered boy's hand with towel and took him to the couch. Man cleaned the wound capably and put the thick bandage on the cut that still was bleeding.

-Are you ok?
Tom asked caringly, looking into Jack's eyes. Boy's face was finally getting back healthy colours. He nodded.
-What happened?
Tom asked and look at the kitchen. Worktops and floor were painted with red blood.
-I was just thinking... and didn't pay attention to the knife...
-What were you thinking about soo deeply, you silly?
Tom kissed Jack's forehead and waited for the answer.
-Your birthday gift.
Boy murmured. Tom was a little bit surprised.
-You don't have to give me anything. Just remember to have a time at Sunday and go with me on a birthday date.
Jack smiled unsurely, he wasn't fully satisfied with Tom's answer. When Tom was "cleaning" the kitchen and preparing the "dinner", Jack was sitting on the couch, looking at his man with loving eyes.

At Saturday morning Jack get a message.
Matt: You can came today for a job interview.
Me: Great, thx!
When Jack was getting ready to go Tom asked surprised:
-Where are you going?
-I have a job interview.
-What?
Tom was stunned.
-You didn't say anything about it...
-I just got a message.
-But you didn't say anything about looking for a job...
Tom was confused.
-Wasn't it obvious?
Jack asked. He didn't understand why Tom is soo puzzled.
-I need money, for food, books, clothes and other stuff.
He said like if it was obvious. And when Tom thought about it deeper, it indeed was.
-You're writing almost all the time... I also need something to do.
Tom nodded absentmindedly seeing Jack leaving.

The interview went smoothly. The boss, middle aged man with funny moustache, liked Jack right away. They need someone for Saturday's and Sunday's so it was perfect for a university student. The boss wanted Jack to start the next day, but remembering that he has a date and that he already made Tom mad recently, Jack asked:
-I have an important meeting tomorrow afternoon, can I start next week?
Maybe if it would be someone else the boss would say something like "If you don't want to work, then get off!". But Jack gave a man his cutest smile... and it worked.
-Of course, of course. It's not a problem