3.3 We all have tough topics to talk about

Jack's exam's session was about to start in few weeks. One day at subway Matt asked him to study together. Jack was smart, but barely had any notes, while Matt didn't get the formulas soo good, but was always paying attention during lectures and had great notes. They were fitting each other perfectly.

Next afternoon Jack and Matt were sitting at the table in the dining room area, revising their notes and discussing. At that time Tom came down to make himself some coffee to sober him up a little. He was writing without any break from early morning.

-Tom, I told you not to just drink coffee. Eat something.

Jack nagged, looking at the man.

-I'm ok...

Tom said and was about to go upstairs.

-Wait. I'll make you a sandwich at least.

Boy said and went to the fridge.

-You don't have to. Just focus on your studying. I don't want you to have a problems passing your tests. We'll go out eat something after you finish.

Tom said with a warm smile, but Jack was stubborn.

After making something to eat for Tom, Jack came back to Matt with a few small sandwiches for them to eat.

-It's obvious how you two care for each other.

Jack looked at his friend, a little scared.

-You're a couple, right?

Jack was stunned, he wasn't able to say a word. Matt wasn't looking at him with any bad feeling, so eventually Jack nodded slightly.

-I think that my mother is in this kind of relationship with another woman.

Matt said unsurely. He really wanted to talk about this matter with someone, but had no one he could've trust. He didn't have many friends and his best friend from high school was obviously a homophobic.

Jack looked at his friend, at first surprised, but second after he smiled friendly. Matt continued:

-It's been almost 10 years since my father died. He was supposed to be a math teacher, but because I was born he had to quickly find a job, even before he had a chance to get his master degree. They really loved each others, my parents. And after he died my mother didn't even looked at another man. At first I was glad, but when I moved out I've started to think that it's a shame that she's all alone. I wanted for her someone who could love her again.

Jack nodded with understanding. He was glad that Matt trusted him and told him all of that.

-Last time I went to see my mum she introduced me to her friend. She's a nurse in the hospital near the bakery my mother works in. The way they look at each other, the way they talk... I have a feeling that there's something.

-It's possible.

Jack said quietly.

-You should ask her. She might be afraid to tell you. I'm sure that she would be relieved that you're supporting her in that matter.

-You think that, too?

-Of course.

Few days later Jack was cleaning the bathroom with a doctor's mask on his face and pink gloves on his hands. Then he got a message.

Matt: I kind of have two mums.

Matt: Thank you, that you encouraged me.

Me: No problem.

Matt: She really was relieved after we talked. She even cried.

Jack, with a warm smile on his hidden face, continued cleaning.